• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby bastianbux » January 26th, 2016, 2:55 pm

I'd love to take a stab at this. After doing the Japanese quests this was the next thing I really wanted to do, but didn't want to step on your toes back then since you were chugging away at it. But if you'd rather hand it over to someone... ;D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby lucasdp » January 26th, 2016, 7:02 pm

I'm interested as well. Reading through this thread, it sounds like there is a pretty good start on this project. Even if we could just see the current work-in-progress, that might be a good foundation for someone else to continue working. Looks like the Nephew has not visited the Inn for some time... Goblin-King, do you have anything useful that you could share?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
lucasdp

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 25th, 2016, 3:05 am

Ethica wrote:The quest maps are quite complicated. Are you planning on putting these onto the original board, or going modular?

Sjeng wrote:yeah, mazes simply won't work well on the board. And they only drag the duration of a game.

Nephew of Mentor wrote:I think I would prefer to stay with the old school board, obviously with serious changes, but I am okay with that. However, since I am not the only person playing it so far, I would certainly be open for suggestions....

A possible solution could be to photoshop two maze overlay tiles made from corridor sections and walls for the lower quadrants. They would mostly create small corridors with a few small chambers. To make Hero movement uncertain, stone block markers and open doors from the Main Game System would be placed in certain corridor junctures as they came into line is sight, as per the normal rules for movement and "seeing."

Alternatively, individual rooms could have maze tiles. That would allow for a room or two to be accessed from a maze. As most of the room tiles could be rotated, even more variability is possible for maze layouts. Also, reveals would come in smaller sections. Open doors and stone blocks could be added, as above.

Nephew of Mentor wrote:I could swear there used to be sewer tiles in the downloads section, was I imagining this? Anyone have some good ideas for the Sewers of Koth level? Thanks.

Nephew of Mentor wrote:That quest, Into the Sewers looks great, Sjeng did do a great job with it. That might do the trick, but I swear I saw a different pack of them at one time. This will drive me nuts.

Make05 has made some modular sewer tiles: http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1724&p=37635&hilit=Sewer#p37635

Nephew of Mentor wrote:...Goblin King, could you look for quest information in the books that come with your game, and if there is anything relevant either scan or transcribe it? That would be grand....

Nephew of Mentor wrote:...They don't have a game intro or anything included in the manual? Because even with all of the messages from the game transcribed we are lacking an awful lot of information that would have been important for the casual gamer. The runic alphabet is for certain transportation puzzles on two levels. Simple drawings would be grand for the characters introduced in this game, the paladin and whatnot. It would be grand if you scanned them, I would like to have character tiles with stats and such like the original game set.

You can download the game book at this site.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Oakheart » October 28th, 2016, 9:34 am

I don't know how much will this be usefull, but from what I saw, the Dark Elves in Legacy of Sorasil, appear to be based on Dark Elves from thr first three editions of Warhammer. Compare the sprites to figures:
Dark Elf Lord

Night Elf Lord

Vonothar Twoblades

Venthrax (the final boss)

The Witch King (note, this is the Witch King before he was even named as Malekith, or his burns and armor were established)

Venthrax appears to be Gremlin Graphics' take on the Witch King, as Malekith was named and described only 1995, a year after Legend of Sorasil was released.

[EDIT]

Celeste the Mystic appears to be a combination of the Elf Heroine from the Mage of the Mirror expansion:

With Elf Sorcereses like Azireth Darkforce the Dark Elf Sorceress:

Or Wood Elf Sorceress:

Oakheart the Ranger, seems to be based on a Wood Elf Ranger:

As well as the Elf Warrior from the Mage of the Mirror expansion:
Oakheart

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby tb55555 » December 17th, 2017, 9:08 am

Is work on this still going forward? If so is there anything I could do to help?
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference.
tb55555

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » February 16th, 2018, 6:13 am

Nephew of Mentor hasn't been to the Inn since July of 2015. You could PM or email him in hopes of getting his material.

Nephew of Mentor wrote:As I am still very distracted by my second job, which I hate with a passion, I won't likely get anywhere with this for a while. Unlike Dragon Strike, there is a lot of work including tile and icon design, stats, items and what not. I have transcriptions, hand written notes and things. Summer would be the earliest time I could imagine workin on this.

That bein said. If anyone wants to pick up where I left off, I could copy my notes and share them on Google drive, that way you would not need to play all the way through the tame and start from square one. PM me if you are interested. Sorry for the continued flatline on this one.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » July 6th, 2019, 5:11 pm

If anyone is interested, I've posted some new things on the four new Heroes I've created inspired by the Legacy of Sorasil PC game!

Currently my gaming group and I are using them to progress through the Japanese Game System campaign (using NA rules). So far we should be starting Quest 3 soon...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » June 27th, 2020, 2:40 pm

I forgot about the Boots of Speed here...!

Goblin-King wrote:Normal Equipment:
Boots of Speed - +2 Movement - 200/225 g

(from page 5)

Great stuff.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Nobunga » September 6th, 2020, 2:12 am

A longplay was uploaded to youtube if anyone was interested in sussing this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUCjtQhNnlE
Nobunga

Postby Kurgan » April 16th, 2021, 6:04 pm

Pic of the Amiga CD-32 system (not mine).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext