• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Cemetery Encounter/Quest

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Cemetery Encounter/Quest

Postby Maike05 » December 30th, 2015, 7:37 am

Nice quest, looks fun a quick to play :)
I like your quest template, any chance you could share it in .psd or .xcf or even .png ?
The flipmap is also very cool in my mind, I might reproduce it and put it on my tiles website :)


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 562
Images: 25
Joined: March 18th, 2011, 10:39 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Cemetery Encounter/Quest

Postby clmckay » December 30th, 2015, 8:45 am

I can send it to you this evening if you like. However, it's in docx format. Do you still want it? It's a little fiddly, especially the wandering monster area. I like trying other maps for my HQ games they add so much variety and make the game feel huge.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 527
Joined: March 16th, 2014, 10:25 am
Location: USA
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Cemetery Encounter/Quest

Postby Count Mohawk » December 30th, 2015, 10:53 am

If you're using a variation of MS Word, there's an option under "Save As" that allows you to save a copy of the file as a PDF, which pretty much anyone can open. Of course, PDFs aren't editable without paid software, but whatever.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
User avatar
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 696
Joined: July 11th, 2013, 5:18 pm
Location: New England, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Cemetery Encounter/Quest

Postby clmckay » December 30th, 2015, 12:04 pm

Yeah, that's the probelm with PDF.

I like this template in word, it's more or less userfirendly. Just has some ecentricities about the margins and things shifting off the pages.

I'll post the DOCX version tonight, when I get home from work. I can certainly convert it to PDF, but I don't see how that's a benefit to anyone.

Maike was asking about PSD, XCF or PNG. Being in DOCX format, I don't know of anyway to convert it into one of those formats, hence the reason why I was wondering if he wanted the DOCX version.

I'm not at all sure there would be a benefit to a PSD/XCF/PNG version over the DOCX format. If anything, I think that may be a touch less userfirendly and less accessible to some people, but that's why I made this version in Word. Incidentally, I used a Pages template that I got from Stratos to make this Word Version. I had to recreate most of it, but was able to use the Quest graphics as is from his Pages version.

EDIT: There is an ability to make form-fillable PDFs......and you can set it so changes to form-fillabe PDFs can be saved.......I wonder if it would be possible to make a PDF template? I may have to look into that over the New Years break....

EDIT: Here is the file. This file is actually the encounter in the top post. I don't have a blank per se, I just copy, edit and save.

ENC-Cemetery.docx


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 527
Joined: March 16th, 2014, 10:25 am
Location: USA
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Cemetery Encounter/Quest

Postby Maike05 » December 31st, 2015, 1:08 pm

Thanks for sharing the template :)


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 562
Images: 25
Joined: March 18th, 2011, 10:39 pm
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Cemetery Encounter/Quest

Postby Daedalus » September 23rd, 2016, 1:10 am

It appears the attachment link has died. :skeleton:
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5329
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Cemetery Encounter/Quest

Postby clmckay » September 23rd, 2016, 6:42 am

Yes, yes it has.
For the same reason as the last four you've gone to the effort to point out and draw attention to (but not read the response on?)


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 527
Joined: March 16th, 2014, 10:25 am
Location: USA
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Cemetery Encounter/Quest

Postby Daedalus » September 23rd, 2016, 1:01 pm

I'm catching up on a lot--it's mainly a one way trip. I'll go back to check.

[I read and answered your response in Waterfront Tavern, your other thread I commented in. I had forgotten about last year's PM--whoops. Were there more comments in other rooms? I've been working through a lot and don't recall. -edit]
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5329
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests