[The following post was made in the wrong thread! You can find it again in the proper Out of the Wastes thread
-edit]Apologies to clmckay if these comments are too much...here goes!
As with your previous work, I like the story organization behind optional Encounters and necessary Quests. It's a pity some of the Encounters are likely to go to waste. I may borrow and transform your model into a rumor/selection mode of organization (if I ever get back to Quest designing.) Another Inn member once showcased this with town-rumor side Quests patterned after computer games.
I also liked the thematic malnurishment rule, and how it could be temporarily alleviated within Quests. Personally, I'm not as interested in the Chaos Gifts, but I imagine there are quite a few fans who appreciate this nod to Games Workshop background.
Some monster and artifact entries include black battle dice which most fans don't possess. Could you additionally suggest some standard combat dice alternatives in the notes where black dice are featured?
Quest 1- I'm unclear if Kenerick is supposed to use the Chaos Black Blade in battle with the Heroes. You'd expect so, as he has 5 AD and it would be foolish to fight with a lesser weapon. On the other hand, the Chaos Black Blade uses black combat dice, and that isn't listed in the notes.
- The middle room at the bottom of the board appears to be misty. Is there a special tile and effect to go with this?
Encounter 2- Do the misty rooms have tiles or special effects?
- Does the water tile use the same rules from the BQP?
- I really like the goal of saving a common family and how it translates to a reward that lifts in-game restrictions.
Quest 2- As the Chaos Sorcerer may cast the Chaos spell Lightning Bolt unlimited times, Ice Shards isn't needed. Lightning Bolt will always inflict 2 Body Points of damage, while Ice Shards will average less even before defending.
As Lightning Bolt is tied to his magical staff that a Hero will claim, I'd say limit casting that powerful spell down to once a Quest (and keep Ice Shards.) Otherwise, player imbalance is introduced as one Hero may reliably kill multiple, powerful monsters such as Northern Chaos Warriors (6 DD/black shield negates all skulls, 4 BP) in 2 turns while other Heroes will take considerably longer.
Encounter 3- The top-left room looks mist-filled. Is there any tile or effect?
- The bottom-left room appears to use the Living Fog Room tile. Something should be mentioned of this in the Playing Out of the Wastes introductory section.
- I couldn't find a matching Artifact Card for the Demon Slayer sword.
That's it for what I originally lost. If more is wanted for the later Quests and Encounters, let me know.