• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Wake up the dead

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Wake up the dead

Postby tallyho » January 26th, 2022, 3:23 pm

Hi, i have an idea. "wake up dead monsters".
Im sure there are card for this in a evil wizard deck. But i want a monster character doing the job.
Sometimes it’s just too easy for the heroes walking around an slaughtering monsters.
I want to create a character that can bring to life 1 dead monster each round.
Only monsters up to 2 mind points.
This character is not a fighter and statistics can be
Attack 1
Defense 4
Body 5
Mind 4
Movement 10.
Want the character to be sturdy and fast.
Cannot open doors. Passes any trap.
The game master decides when the character come into play and where. And simultaneously inform the players that this character are in play.
Once on the board, this character plays as normal.
This character will move around and only be visible in line of sight.
Of curse only the game master will know where this character is at any time. Maybe use a sheet and take notes. Not sure if that is necessary when it come to the awaken monsters. I might just make them visible while they walk towards the heroes. Maybe awaken monsters should have reduced points in some form, attack, defense etc.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this ? Anything that can be done differently ?
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Wake up the dead

Postby tallyho » January 26th, 2022, 9:13 pm

Thanks to Ye Old Inn i was able to make these
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » January 27th, 2022, 3:10 am

The evil Necromancer! Love it.
Make sure to make a quest for this that has long open runways, so he can get away from the heroes a few times. Or directly load a graveyard from HeroicMaps. This map could perfectly cover half of the heroquest game board. Or you use something more open, like a Town Map. I think there are even one or two here on YeOldeInn for free.

If you want to balance this guy, you could give him "Raise the dead" and 5 or 6 tokens for that. So that he is exhausted after some time. That's a way you could adapt him to beginner groups or fully equipped groups, too.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » January 27th, 2022, 6:25 am

Tokens, that's a good idea for fully equipped groups. And thanks for the map tips. :) Heroic Maps: Graveyard & Catacombs looks great.
I see that in a small dungeon he will be revealed quickly. But the idea of this is to torment the heroes if only for a little while. The heroes must think tactically with regard to this problem. Maybe split up into groups, which is never good in a maze. Becomes a challenge for the game master, how to keep this character alive as long as possible. With a little luck with the dice, this can be a nuisance for the heroes.
Did some upgrade. Added a Mist card, and changed some text.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Monsters