Page 1 of 1

Got me some orcs too

PostPosted: January 30th, 2016, 12:07 am
by MadMickyG
After getting my AtOH box (Lego box, but has everything in it) I bought a bag of Orc types on eBay.

They were mostly black in colour. Some are painted, but most plain.

Used them today in a made up quest with my 9yr old (after she made one up on the spot for me and my monk :P)
As I used a couple for my Chaos chess side, I painted a few grey, giving me Chaos Orcs.
The black ones remain Black Orcs of Carnage Mountain ;) Just a name I made up for the quest.
Stats for each were basic:
Chaos Orc, 2x3AD (two weapons), 4DD (well armoured and trained) and just 1BP per character (will adjust if they die too easy), 2 MP.
Black Orcs, 2x3AD (two weapons), 3DD (armoured and trained) and just 1BP per character (will adjust if they die too easy), 2 MP.

There are two special black Orcs as well. One is carrying a banner (nothing on it) The other has two drums to beat time (like something you'd see on a ship for oarsmen)
I'm thinking that if the banner Orc runs out in front, it will apply courage (or similar) effect to all Black Orcs.
For the drummer, holding a beat adds bonuses for defense when in formation, as they march to the beat.

Also got, what I believe, is the four heroes from Advanced Hero Quest. Going to keep them grey and use them as evil characters. Evil warrior, wizard, elf/ranger and dwarf. Mwahahaha.

Last things were a couple of white miniatures. An elf with a crossbow (might be my new Witch Lord after some modifications since the crossbow isnt in his hands), a dwarf, my first skaven and a little white goblin archer. Still deciding what to do with these guys.
Will post pictures when I can of my new additions.
Will also be making maps of the two quests we made up today. My daughters was Damsel in Distress (rescuing Emperors daughter, Esmerelda!)
My map was for her barbarian, named Blood, to rescue his barbarian sister, Bloodette, from the Black Orcs of Carnage Mountain.

Re: Got me some orcs too

PostPosted: January 31st, 2016, 3:31 am
by MadMickyG
Black Orcs
Image

Chaos Orcs
Image

AHQ miniatures (I believe)
Image

And the miscellaneous figures
Image

Re: Got me some orcs too

PostPosted: January 31st, 2016, 4:19 am
by knightkrawler
Nice haul there.
To expand on what you know: THe four heroes are indeed those from Advanced HeroQuest.
The 6 miscellaneous white ones were Warhammer 4th (or 3rd?) edition plastics, but the particular group of these six was packed in the Advanced HeroQuest Paint Set, so they are a lucky collateral for your collection.

Re: Got me some orcs too

PostPosted: January 31st, 2016, 5:05 am
by slev
knightkrawler wrote:The 6 miscellaneous white ones were Warhammer 4th (or 3rd?) edition plastics


Late 2nd early 3rd.

The "black orcs" are 5th ed + orc regement.

Teh "chaos Orcs" are 6th ed starter set orcs.

Re: Got me some orcs too

PostPosted: February 7th, 2016, 1:21 am
by MadMickyG
Here are the cards I made for my new monster additions so far.

Will make the Chaos Heroes shortly.

Image

Re: Got me some orcs too

PostPosted: March 5th, 2016, 2:24 pm
by Stoner81
MadMickyG wrote:Here are the cards I made for my new monster additions so far.

Will make the Chaos Heroes shortly.

Image


Liking what you have done there and it has given some ideas for custom quest packs :) thanks!

Stoner81.

Re: Got me some orcs too

PostPosted: March 8th, 2016, 7:31 am
by MadMickyG
Sweet. Make sure you share the quests.

I need to crack back in to Heroscribe and make some quests with all my new friends.

Re: Got me some orcs too

PostPosted: March 11th, 2016, 6:03 pm
by Stoner81
MadMickyG wrote:Sweet. Make sure you share the quests.

I need to crack back in to Heroscribe and make some quests with all my new friends.


I will for sure, I just have to finish my rule book first *gulp* getting there slowly but surely!

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

Re: Got me some orcs too

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2016, 7:51 am
by MadMickyG
Here is the miniature for my Orc Monk, with his nunchuka!

Image

Might need to obtain myself some more HQ miniatures. Running out of things to mod with.

Re: Got me some orcs too

PostPosted: April 20th, 2018, 5:48 pm
by MadMickyG
Okay, here are my monsters cards all zipped up nice and neat, again requested by Jazzdrummer.

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details ... 0cards.zip

I have, or have made, miniatures for all these cards!

Have fun people.