• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New HeroClass: Necromancer

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Re: New HeroClass: Necromancer

Postby sadkitchen » April 13th, 2011, 6:45 pm

I was thinking that the benifits of the Mantle would be a trade off, because he can't wear the wizard's cloak while wearing it. So the necro would loose a personal defense point while his creations would be stronger. Might be better to just give a bonus to attack or defense. I don't know. Haven't tried any of them yet. (and it's going to be a while before I get to test anymore.) Also, on a completly unrelated note, how did I become a goblin?
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby ken » April 14th, 2011, 2:54 am

sadkitchen wrote:I was thinking that the benifits of the Mantle would be a trade off, because he can't wear the wizard's cloak while wearing it. So the necro would loose a personal defense point while his creations would be stronger. Might be better to just give a bonus to attack or defense. I don't know. Haven't tried any of them yet. (and it's going to be a while before I get to test anymore.) Also, on a completly unrelated note, how did I become a goblin?

Well, my Conjurer doesn't have the Wizards Cloak, as he aint a true Wizard, so the Mantle could apply, perhaps whilst in that particular room or corridor. As for ;"Also, on a completly unrelated note, how did I become a goblin? " Don't go down that route, it's all the Wonders Of Technology, from our Esteemed Admin :!: :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » April 14th, 2011, 8:41 am

Look at Ken. He's an Ogre chieftain. Though I think he spends more time eating jumbolaya...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » April 14th, 2011, 9:41 am

lord high ogre.doc

That picture doesn't do me true value, check out the attachment, thats me at the back :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » April 15th, 2011, 7:13 am

OK so I have developed a set of spells for my Conjure-Upper(thats what Puck calls him), using some of SadKitchen's ideas.

Vial of Blood. The conjurer may use this blood instead of paying one body point to raise a Zombie (in my case). Use Sir Ragnars Blood, of course.

Unholy Summons. The Conjurer can spend one body point to summon a Skeleton. The Skel can move & attack immediately.

Undead Mantle. All undead creatures you have raised can roll one extra dice in attack & defence, until you are injured

Unspeakable Consummation. Cast this spell on one monster in line of sight. He is consumed by Bears Bile. Roll one dice in defence.

Fog of War. Cast this spell on one monster, line of sight, he immediately attacks his nearest friend. However, you must roll one red dice before the attack. If a 6 he attacks the nearest Hero.

Healing potion. Cast this spell on any one Hero, restores 4 body points. ( I mentally tossed a coin for this potion, one of El_Flesh Margaritas, or another vial of Sir Ragnars Blood ? Had to be the blood, of course). :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » April 20th, 2011, 7:40 am

was thinking of a vaguely necromantic weapon to make, knew what i wanted it to do but wasn't sure how to do it, came up with this - its a bit different.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » April 20th, 2011, 10:00 am

was thinking of a vaguely necromantic weapon to make, knew what i wanted it to do but wasn't sure how to do it, came up with this - its a bit different. Tott

Now, I can see where you are going with this, good bit of Lateral Thinking :!:
I like it, might well use it, see where it goes.
How long should the Sythe spell last ? Does it need a limit, such as until the Necro loses a Body or Mind Point ? One full Heroes turn ? :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » April 21st, 2011, 2:57 am

you mean how long does the soul shard last? until its spent. As monsters die you build up stones, then spend em as you like.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » April 21st, 2011, 6:06 am

Tott wrote:you mean how long does the soul shard last? until its spent. As monsters die you build up stones, then spend em as you like.

Sorry, my mistake, didn't read your first properly, took it to be a spell. :oops: :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » April 21st, 2011, 8:47 am

After further contemplation, this could be a serious weapon in the hands of one of Mentors' Necromancers. How about a quest built round him ? Might even call him El_Flesh (is that ok old buddy)? Give him a Bodyguard of Pinko Skels, stronger than the average. I am really getting into this. No looking, Puck :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes