Page 1 of 1

Character in Progress: Warlock, Paper Mini token link,& more

PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 8:25 pm
by mo123813
Alright everyone!
Ive been working on a new hero in my free time. This guy is gonna change the game! Well, maybe.
I really don't want him over powered. And im having some other problems...
But check this out:
HE/SHE CAN SUMMON MONSTERS!
Awesome, no?
He's gonna have the same stats as wizard but check this: He can't use weapons/armor
"WHAT?! That's mad!!" Just hear me out...
The monsters do it for him! Now, I thought about a monster that would allow him to use weapons but....nah.
Please, since this is a character in progress, GIVE ME FEEDBACK!

Summoning Monsters

Okay. So, the monsters are summoned with Summoning Runes. One of my problems is how do you obtain these runes? I thought about them being available at the shop but....I dunno anymore, since each monster needs a certain amount of runes to be summoned. EXAMPLE: Forgotten Souls only need one rune, but a monster like an Oni needs 5. And once you summon it, the runes you used are then gone forever. So the Warlock will constantly have to buy runes. So that's a problem having to find reasonable price. Some monsters will have to be summoned with certain circumstances.
Monsters

The moment you've all been waiting for......
MONSTERS!
Okay, I have a couple of monsters all thought of. Plus there are some paper token-miniatures that I can use for each one. I'll put up the monsters I've made up so far and their Rune cost/facts/effects.

Forgotten Soul- 2 Attack 1 Defence (Im not sure if it should have 1 or 2 hp) Movement 6 (Disappears when out of line of sight) Runes:1
Unlucky Cat- 3 HP Movement 5(When summoned, all monsters get -1 to attack and defense. Disappears when no monsters are there.) Runes: 3
Theres a unicorn that heals all that is near it and stays for 4+x turns (3 runes; X=how many turns you want it)
And a shinigami (Death god) That protects selected bloodied hero while they are struggling for life.

Well, I don't want to bore you any longer, so I'll end it here. When Im more clear on the monsters, I'll leave something separate for that. PLEASE FEEDBACK! Help me out with the price thing!

Warlock Miniature: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/230798/r ... rs-edition

Re: Character in Progress: Warlock

PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 10:08 pm
by el_flesh
I like it. Amazing idea.
If you want to make the warlock old and wizened, then maybe give him 1 attack dice and the ability to use only a dagger; a rod is too much for him to handle. I would also make him unable to throw a magic dagger. But he should be able to wear wizard cloak for +1 protection. Your choice if he starts with 1 die to protect or ZERO due to age, and only 1 die with the cloak! Maybe a special spell of his can give 2 defense dice - but only once per adventure! Give him some special ability like being able to see any hidden doors within two spaces in any direction...or maybe he can roll 3 defense die vs any elemental spell that is cast at him. (so fireball has a high chance of being blocked.)
But since he's old, he should move with only one red die.
If he finds/buys rare poison to put on his dagger, a skull makes TWO damage and the monster loses 1 hit point per turn until cured or dead.

Re: Character in Progress: Warlock

PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 11:07 pm
by mo123813
Thanks!
Okay, I picture him as younger, but it fits whoever uses him!
No throwing daggers is a good point!
And there will be a monster in which summons a giant shield to protect him. I have some tokens for him already. Check em out in my albulm: http://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp26 ... r%20minis/

Now, I've made some additions to heroes.
Like the wizard can see a secret door if he ends movement in front of one.
An elf can listen to doors and roll a die. If a positive number Zargon must tell them if there is any living thing(s) inside.
Dwarf is shifty, so when they end movement, they may also move an addition step. They also Stand their Ground, so when a spell is supposed to push them back, they don't budge!
The barbarian goes into a rage if he sees a companion die. He gets +1 to each stat instead of HP
Halfling can run past monsters and can search even when there is a monster(s) in the room.
Half-Orc can exchange a combat die in attack to def (may never go down to zero) and can also exchange one combat die in attack to give all heroes next to him.

Ill make a page for half-orc.

And thus, I can't use the secret door idea.

Ill think about putting a full list of all the monster ideas I have (They rock!)
And let me know if anyone is interested in the whole bloodied rule I made. It's pretty sweet if you ask me.

Re: Character in Progress: Warlock, Paper Mini token link,&

PostPosted: January 14th, 2011, 10:02 am
by ken
"Ive been working on a new hero in my free time. This guy is gonna change the game! Well, maybe.
I really don't want him over powered. And im having some other problems...
But check this out:
HE/SHE CAN SUMMON MONSTERS!"

Interesting concept this, I have been working on something similar called a "Conjuror", look it up on Wiki for lots of good stuff & background :mrgreen:

Re: Character in Progress: Warlock, Paper Mini token link,&

PostPosted: January 15th, 2011, 9:56 am
by el_flesh
My Necromancer summons skeletons and skeletal mages. I'm lousy at combat myself, but once I get a mini army going, (who have moderate attack) they can clean out a room pretty fast.
Three or four skeletons can all wound an enemy boss, making him alot easier to kill for the main heroes - check out Saturday Night Dungeon...

Re: Character in Progress: Warlock, Paper Mini token link,&

PostPosted: January 15th, 2011, 11:48 am
by gravaillon
dear elf flesh,
your character remind me my druid ;)
but it's a very good idea and if you want, i can make his card like the card of the druid i have posted (the good thing is that you have made it in english, so no traduction). Tell me if i can make it, i will do it with great pleasuer and incorpore it in my project.

for the runes, i think that it is better if the character find it in the quests (like in the room where there is a tomb, or something else like the cupboard, or on a dead sorcerer like gragor... etc. buy the runes, is not a very good idea in my opinion).

else your creation is mad and very interesting. thanks for it.
look at advancment of my karak varn remasterisation
Image
find it on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com

Re: Character in Progress: Warlock, Paper Mini token link,&

PostPosted: January 15th, 2011, 9:58 pm
by mo123813
Im not sure if you're asking me or El Fresh about the card but if you could make a card for my Warlock I would be very grateful.
I thought about it and yes, finiding them in rooms sounds best.
And that quest looks awesome!