• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Collection of Heroes {More to Come}

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Collection of Heroes {More to Come}

Postby Orc26 » September 27th, 2020, 12:25 am

So I've been looking around the inn for a bit and have been admiring all the cool sweet stuff that everyone else has posted and I figured I should start sharing the (hopefully) cool stuff that I have stashed away in my box. I figure I'd start with the warlock because they just unlocked a warlock hero in the HasbroQuest notkickstarter. I wonder if the new warlock will be as much of a D&D 3.5 warlock ripoff as this one is...

Note: We literally make our custom heroes on note cards and their spell/ability cards on ripped in half note cards. (When we were feeling fancy we had cut them in half instead of tearing them...) So I have no beautiful etsy level things for you all to look at. I apologize for my lack of beautifying skills.

THE WARLOCK
You gained access to magic through summoning a daemon and convincing it to grant you powers beyond compare. There is a good chance your eternal soul belongs to the dark now so you better make the rest of your life worth it.
You get to pick 6 of the warlock spell cards at the beginning of each quest, one of which must be Daemon Fire.

Body Points: 5
Mind Points: 5
Starting Gear: Dagger
Equipable Gear: 1 handed weapons, staff, wizard only

Warlock Spells
Daemon Fire: A monster you can see rolls 1 red die. It takes 1 damage on a roll of 1, 2, 3, or 4. This card is not discarded after use.
Daemon Blade: An orthogonally adjacent monster rolls 3 red dice. It takes 1 damage for each 1, 2, 3, or 4 rolled.
Daemon Spear: A monster you can see rolls 3 red dice. It takes 1 damage for each 1, 2, 3, or 4 rolled.
Daemon's Bargain: Roll 1 red die. You lose 1 Body Point on a roll of 1, 2, 3, or 4. One hero you can see regains 4 body points up to their total.
Daemon's Command: Target a monster you can see with mind points. That monster rolls a number of red dice equal to their mind points. If no 6s are rolled you gain control of the monster and can make that monster move and attack. If the targeted monster has spells you do not have enough control to make them cast one.
Daemon's Embrace: You gain +1 Defense Dice while defending. Lasts until you cannot see a monster.
Daemon's Gift: All Heroes and Monsters in your room or corridor roll 2 red dice. They take 1 damage for each 1, 2, 3, or 4 rolled. This spell doesn't affect you.
Fan of Flames: All orthogonally and diagonally adjacent monsters roll 2 red dice. They take 1 damage for each 1, 2, 3, or 4 rolled.
Touch of the Daemon: A hero you can see gets +2 dice to all melee attacks and -1 die to all defense rolls until they take 1 body point of damage.
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Collection of Heroes {More to Come}

Postby lestodante » September 27th, 2020, 6:45 am

according to a homerule, with 5 Mind Points he can own a maximum of 6 spells

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Orc26 » September 27th, 2020, 9:05 am

There are 9 warlock spells, but the warlock only gets 6 of them per quest. (And one needs to be the never going away Fire of Wrath clone)
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:

Postby lestodante » September 27th, 2020, 9:56 am

Orc26 wrote:There are 9 warlock spells, but the warlock only gets 6 of them per quest. (And one needs to be the never going away Fire of Wrath clone)

Apologize... sometimes I really read without attention! :D
Skipped the intro going directly to stats and spells.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Orc26 » September 27th, 2020, 8:39 pm

Tonight we are going for simple. A new race that I think has a fun special. Also I feel like I should get all my 'ripped directly from D&D' ones out of the way first.

THE DRACONIAN
You are the Draconian. Descended from your dragon forefathers you now fight against the evil they stood for. You gain access the powerful Dragon's Breath. Use this along with your martial training to defeat the forces of evil.

Body Points: 7
Mind Points: 3
Starting Gear: Short sword
Equipable Gear: All weapons and armor and tools

Dragon's Breath
Dragon's Breath: One monster you can see rolls 4 red dice and takes 1 Body Point of damage for each 1, 2, 3, or 4 rolled.
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:

Postby Orc26 » September 27th, 2020, 8:50 pm

Because the draconian was so short and simple I feel like I could fit another short and simple one in. This one isn't a D&D reference (it is a something else reference) and seems to be a bit of a joke... I don't remember anyone every playing it so maybe the night it was made I was playing a different game.

THE HOBBIT
You are the Hobbit. Short, weak, and looking for lunch. You can't think of a good reason that your companions brought you into the dungeon... Your small size allows you to easily move around enemies and can move through spaces containing monsters, but cannot end your turn in the same space as another figure.

Body Points: 4
Mind Points: 4
Starting Gear: Dagger
Equippable Gear: 1 hand weapons. Staff. 3 attack dice weapons are usable by you but only if used in 2 hands. All armor.

NOTE: I know BP and MP don't add up to 10. :-)
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:

Postby Orc26 » September 28th, 2020, 11:38 pm

Dropping a couple more sweet and simple ones who have very similar 'passives'. (We also homebrewed the barbarian to start with a shortsword and get +1 combat dice when attacking adjacent enemies.)

THE KNIGHT
You are the Knight. Sworn protector of the land. And now you are venturing to where you are needed the most. Though you have trained with all varieties of weapons, your defensive skills are even more impressive. When you roll defense dice, roll 1 additional combat die.

Body Points: 7
Mind Points: 3
Starting Gear: Short Sword
Equippable Gear: All weapons and armor.

THE MARKSMAN
You are the Marksman, master of ranged combat. Remember to keep your enemies away from you as you are more frail than the majority of the other fighting men. When you make an attack against a Monster that is more than 1 square away, roll 1 additional combat die.

Body Points: 6
Mind Points: 4
Starting Gear: 4x daggers
Equippable Gear: 1 hand melee weapons, staff, all ranged weapons. All Non plate armor.
Orc26

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:

Return to Heroes