• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Warrior Twins

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Warrior Twins

Postby tallyho » January 24th, 2018, 4:43 pm

This is kinda special. You get to play 2 miniatures at once.
I havent seen this kind of character sheet before.
Got the idea when i bought these two Reaper Bones miniatures.
77030-1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Not sure if i got the english right.
SpillKort.png

SpillKort1.png

This one is tricky.
"Only when Twins are in line of sight. Attack, Defend, Movement dice divided on both, as you like".
With that i mean you decide how to use the result of the dice roll. For example in attack you get 3 skulls in a total of 4 attack dice. You can choose to give 2 skull to one character and 1 to the other. And the same goes for Defend and Movement roll.
Comments and help appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tallyho on January 25th, 2018, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Warrior Twins

Postby tallyho » January 25th, 2018, 9:09 am

Upgrade.
"Only when the Twins are in line of sight of each other, attack, defend, movement dice are divided on both, to your tactical choise".

BlankBackSide1ab.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » February 7th, 2018, 9:21 pm

I'd clarify how to recover a dagger. It could be done as a search for treasure, adding a cost of sorts while defining the recovery method.

As starting Heroes, the special a list is interesting. After gear upgrades I don't like it so much. The problem I see is twins outside a room at the doorway. The rear twin could forfeit 3 or 4 AD and 4 or 5 DD at no risk. That would give the door-guarding twin up to 6-8 AD and 8-10 DD. This could only work in the most high-powered games, but would be achieved at a standard level.

Perhaps a sharing cap is in order here. Without gear, a Hero has 2 DD, 1AD, and 2 movement dice. I'd limit transferable dice close to those numbers. For simplicity, why not limit sharing of either 1 or 2 dice of each type?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » February 8th, 2018, 2:37 am

"Lost weapons are found if the area it was thrown in is searched". Now the room needs to be cleared before it can be reused.

"Discard an equipped bought weapon when rolling BS equal to its power,+1Dd6 is power 3". Now any extra daggers will be damaged/lost when rolling a Black Shield when throwing it.

Buying more daggers, as it's a free action would give them many attacks a turn.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » February 8th, 2018, 7:18 am

Thanks guys, i see that i have to make some changes on the character sheet.

There will be only 1 dagger to each Twin on each quest, no extra to buy. When thrown, the dagger will be on the square where the monster got attacked (no search), even the if the monster was killed or not.This makes it a challenge for the Twins to recover the daggers, if they get overun. The dagger will be be on that square (make a note) through the entire quest, so it will be possible to og back to retrieve it.
«Use of dagger do not count as an action».Theoretically it may look like this: roll 9 on movement, throw(kill) - move 3 – throw(kill) -move3 – thow(kill) – move 3 -
throw(kill).
That would certainly be called a lucky streak. :)
Still you can defend/attack normaly, but this Count as an action.

Skjermbilde.PNG

My thought with the attack and defend value 2/2 are two dice each for the Twins. So max on one twin would be; attack 4 and defend 4 body 5 mind 3. I can se thats pretty strong, but it leaves the second twin without attack/defend value, on that turn.
Biiig chance to take. Who knows what the Evil Wizard have up his sleeve ?

Regarding movement 3 RD im not sure if thats to much, to little.

I haven playtested this yet. So if anyone have ideas, comments to these heroes please........ comment.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » February 8th, 2018, 4:07 pm

So they can't buy a dagger from the armoury? why not? You'd have to specify that on the character, which would seem strange.

Movement roll 3Md6, pick 2. Now it's not quite as high as 3 but they get to pick the highest move d6.

Rewards:
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » February 9th, 2018, 1:58 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:So they can't buy a dagger from the armoury? why not? You'd have to specify that on the character, which would seem strange.

Movement roll 3Md6, pick 2. Now it's not quite as high as 3 but they get to pick the highest move d6.

Good point.
"On each New quest, they start With 1 dagger each"
I like the Challenge it makes when they only have one.
Can they get to it by themselve, or must they persuade the others to help them get it.
Maybe its not Worth it ?

I like the movement rule, its that or maybe Move 6 (guaranteed) + 2MD pick the highest.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » February 9th, 2018, 2:33 pm

As much as we love making heroes I figured some players would too. For this reason I created a Character Creation section, it's an important part of our games. A list of various traits that can be mixed and matched, limited by how much MIND they give the character. New players always bring new ideas too.

One of the traits is "Speed: Use 2d8's for movement (if no d8's, 3d6 pick 2)." The move 6 (guaranteed) wouldn't work with us due to other mods.

Thanks to your idea we now have "Assassin: Dagger thrown for free, not an action." Previously Assassin was pretty weak. "Dagger equipable off hand" in honour of the 'Creed', up sleeve, lol! Due to how equipment works it had some advantages.

Here's how the Assassin would play. Starts with 1 dagger. Can throw once per turn. Buys another dagger, 1 in each hand so can thrown twice, would need to reequip if owning more. After some quests, with some gold stashed, invest in a Bandolier: Daggers equipped off hand, max 4. Now they can throw a max of 6, as the other 4 are considered equipped, 5 if a shield, 4 if a shield and sword, before needing to reequip.

I'm all for some form of character progression, great for the player learning the game and their hero. Offering quite some variety.

It would be a good idea in Character Creation for the player to give their Hero +1 thrown bonus combat trait.

Rewards:
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » February 9th, 2018, 2:51 pm

Ohh AND! we also have, "Thief: Search in presence of monsters". If a player figures out this combo, the Hero would be able to throw twice in the early game, 4 times after purchasing another dagger. That's all part of the fun giving the creation over to the players. Seeing what can work and what won't work. They also need to put together a good team, kind of like it would be.

Rewards:
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » February 27th, 2018, 4:04 am

tallyho wrote:My thought with the attack and defend value 2/2 are two dice each for the Twins. So max on one twin would be; attack 4 and defend 4 body 5 mind 3. I can se thats pretty strong, but it leaves the second twin without attack/defend value, on that turn.
Biiig chance to take. Who knows what the Evil Wizard have up his sleeve ?

Regarding movement 3 RD im not sure if thats to much, to little.

I haven playtested this yet. So if anyone have ideas, comments to these heroes please........ comment.

I understand your intent better now. Trading is basically capped at the two starting dice. I'd hope buying equipment is still permitted as with all other Heroes. Both concerns can be accommodated by a small clarification for the ability:

If he twins have line of sight to each other, any starting attack, defend, and movement dice may be divided between both Heroes as you choose.
Well, that's how I'd word it, anyway.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to Heroes