• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Some Optional Hero Character classes I made.

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Re: Some Optional Hero Character classes I made.

Postby Templarhero77 » August 18th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Wow,
Those are some awesome character cards. I was in a conversation with an old friend 4 weeks ago, talking about heroquest. Fast forward 4 weeks I found and purchased heroquest. I havent played the game in about 12 years. But I'm back at it trying to make it better. I want to add some additional characters too. Tell me what you think of the one I'm currently working on:
THE SPARTAN/GREEK HERO

You are theSpartan/Greek Hero and train to be the ultimate warrior; you have trained since you were a child for nothing but war.Your people are known throughout the old world for their battle-hardened image and for winning battles against much larger armies. Know Zargon influences have now reached your borders. You have been sent to augment the forces of good and destroy the evil wizard Zargon. You are fast and deadly and prefer close combat but, a if needed your spear is always buy your side to take down large foes.

Attack: 2 Combat Dice
Defend: 4 Combat Dice
Body Points: 7
Mind Points: 5
Movement: 2 Red Dice
Starting Weapon: Short Sword
Armor: Helmet and sheild
Abilities:
Lighting Attack: The Spartan/Greek Hero can forego his movement and use an additional Combat die to attack.
Phalanx Defense: The Spartan/Greek Hero can forego his attack and add an additional Comabt die to his defense.
I dont have the tools to make a character Card but, I'm testing the model in the game and I like the him. Tell me what you think?
Templarhero77

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby el_flesh » August 19th, 2010, 12:23 am

I posted a Hoplite design somewhere at some point.

The long spear of the hoplite allows him to attack from 3 spaces away, 5 attack dice, and if he wants he can push the enemy backwards.
He defends with only 1 dice when attacked on the right side; 2 dice if he drops his spear and takes out his short sword of 3 attack dice, (which takes one action) and defends with 5 dice from left side/front attack, due to his huge shield, helmet, and greaves. Of course he will have to sheathe his sword and pick up his spear at some point - leaving it behind in the hall will let monsters get hold of it.
Only one defense dice if attacked in back and he fails to use an action to shift his shield overhead and reverse, in that turn. (Like in 300). If it's a Zarquon attack, he can use the action for his next turn to face the enemy anyway.
Last edited by el_flesh on October 9th, 2013, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Templarhero77 » August 19th, 2010, 9:28 pm

I understand everything you wrote but, to explain it to my daughters who are hooked on the basics of the game in my opinion might be to much for them. I like the spear (he should be able to carry up to two) which has the option to be thrown or used in an attack diagonally like the staff. He can buy more between quest but once thrown in the heat of battle it is lost. I dont want to build up my charcter to fast so but, improve him over time. I will keep your rules in mind for when friends who have played for a while and understand the mechanics of the game. I appreciate your thouhgts, thanks.
oh, I tried to find the hoplite design on the old scracth but could'nt find it.
Templarhero77

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby keyansark » August 27th, 2010, 7:51 am

Hi.

This new material is fantastic. Nice and simple.

If I provide you spanish versions of the texts, would it be possible to have another set of cards in spanish for the spanish heroquesters out there?
keyansark

Orc
Orc

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Heroes