• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HQ Hero and Villain Additions

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

HQ Hero and Villain Additions

Postby sorcerersapprentice » July 7th, 2015, 10:16 pm

I had 16 Hero's available for my adventurers.
[list=]There were the classic four and then because I owned more than one set,
then an Enchanter & Necromancer (Both using the Wizard Fig) and 2nd Necromancer or Blood Wizard (using the spare Chaos Magician fig),
a Berserker (using the Barbarian fig),
two dwarves (one highborne, one low using the Dwarf fig),
a Minotaur (using a D&D fig),
a Ninja (D&D fig),
a Misft (D&D fig) [which was a sentient abomination shambling type monster],
a Thief (using the spare Elf fig),
an Archer (using D&D fig),
a Mystic (using Elf fig)
and an Orc.[/list]
to choose from.
I painted their bases with a distinctive mint-green and I will try to find some of the miniatures I owned to show you.

Generally speaking their stats were easy enough to figure out, and I then tended to give them 3 powers besides certain natural abilities (i.e. the Ninja could bypass but not disarm, traps.)
The Mystic from memory was able to send out a ball of Seeing every few turns which would enable him/her to have some of the board revealed before the players arrived in body to that location - the Minotaur had exceptional strength and could make a door once per map by barging through a wall. (Sometimes into a ravine ;) bye bye ) The Archer could shoot long range, thus attacking distant monsters well before coming into contact but also shoot a rope across a chasm, whilst the Orc was an outcast and suffered penalties to his stats when being attacked by Orcs so angry were they, but sh/e could read Orcish and decipher things otherwise unintelligible to the other adventurers such as warnings, treasure maps, or grafitti. The Orc also had an extra roll when searching for treasure in Orcish locations.

I made up all their cards, and then a paper envelope to keep the cards in, + details of their special abilities and on occasion, such as with the Mystic for example, actual tiles such as a glowing ball that could be summoned and moved along the board like an NPC.

Villain Additions included several Orcish chieftans, a goblin king (painted Blue), Elite Fimirs, talking (intelligent) Chaos Warrior Kings, A Doppleganger (who could replicate an adventurer without the others knowing) - this was done by secretly taking the adventurer aside and telling them they'd be replaced during the quest - and were to obey the instructions on a card at a given time), a vampire, risen Egyptian Pharoah (a Gold Mummy).
Something Wicked This Way Comes...

http://gametilewarehouse.wix.com/rpgtilesupply
sorcerersapprentice

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Return to Heroes