• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Extra Heroes

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Re: Extra Heroes

Postby Anderas » February 7th, 2016, 7:20 am

Nice Art!

I think, in the long run the Blacksmith will be a very strong Hero, effectively cancelling Morcar’s ability to remove the one or the other equipment from the group.

The Gnome, on the other Hand, isn't very good and could have a buff.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Once was Mortimer » February 7th, 2016, 4:47 pm

A Gnome alternate ability that I just came up with.

The Gnome may attempt to negate a spell cast in the same room or passage. Roll one combat die, on a white shield, the spell has no effect, on a black shield the spell has no effect AND the EW must pass the spell card to the Gnome player to use at any future turn, discarding it after use.

To powerful? Abit to circumstantial?
Once was Mortimer

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » February 7th, 2016, 5:51 pm

Nice, I love the ogre. :) There's some wording issues though.

Heroes may NOT pass through your current square and you may not pass through squares currently occupied by other heroes.

In the main description, (OR understand).

There's a couple of full stops missing on the skill descriptions.

Maybe just say the orc can't use artifacts, in case of custom ones.

I don't like (or understand) the gnome skill. I understand how it works, but not how it makes sense.

Same applies the gold part of the ogre's skill.

You've got human and unusual races, you just need elves and dwarves now. |_P
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » February 7th, 2016, 8:22 pm

I have been on this forum for a long time now and I constantly look through the bowels for things I've missed. How in the Hell did I miss this post is beyond me!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » February 8th, 2016, 4:43 am

Anderas wrote:I think, in the long run the Blacksmith will be a very strong Hero, effectively cancelling Morcar’s ability to remove the one or the other equipment from the group.

The Gnome, on the other Hand, isn't very good and could have a buff.

My group will play them soon.
If Blacksmith becomes powerful and Gnome weak, i'll remove 1 Token from BS and add it to the Gnome (3 times per quest).

Once was Mortimer wrote:A Gnome alternate ability that I just came up with.

The Gnome may attempt to negate a spell cast in the same room or passage.

Thanks for suggestion! I have a similar ability on the Monk hero (he just cancels magic).
I want to keep Gnome out of the regular style of a spellcaster but remain into magic.

Gold Bearer wrote:There's some wording issues though.

Heroes may NOT pass through your current square and you may not pass through squares currently occupied by other heroes.

In the main description, (OR understand).

There's a couple of full stops missing on the skill descriptions.

Yes, wording issues. I need help on this before i print 'em. Thank you GB. |_P
I'll check the missing full stops too (if i am able).
The Ogre may pass through heroes, i didn't forget "not". I wrote it because it's forbidden in the official rules.
About the gold part of the ogre: he is a mercenary and this skill reflects somehow his reward.

Gold Bearer wrote:Maybe just say the orc can't use artifacts, in case of custom ones.

Actually the orc can't use artifacts with permanent effects.
He can use throwing magical daggers, antipoison quills, ring of return etc.
But i'll fix it.
Gold Bearer wrote:I don't like (or understand) the gnome skill. I understand how it works, but not how it makes sense.

Noone will understand this weird race and their weird magical tricks!

He is small, smart, fast and silent. His ability is something between luck & magic. It offers better search results to the party and lowers the possibilities of wandering monsters and traps.
Gold Bearer wrote:You've got human and unusual races, you just need elves and dwarves now. |_P

Hmmm..i think i'm fine with the Elf, Bard & Dwarf, Blacksmith.
I'm still trying the Halfling. Maybe a Vampire and a Werewolf for the next year.
(any update will be added in the pdf's)
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » February 8th, 2016, 5:10 am

Ah, you'll need to mention on the cards that the blacksmith is a dwarf and the bard is an elf, for artifacts.

I think I'd call the blacksmith a runesmith to distinguish him from the standard ones.

You might want to rename the elf and dwarf to give them class as there's two of each. You can have mine if you want. Warrior-Thief and Warrior-Mage.

Edit:
Not being able to move through the ogre would be a nice rule (too big, too rude to get out of the way). Maybe he should be able to move through other heroes by barging them out of the way if there's an available adjacent square. :)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Once was Mortimer » February 8th, 2016, 7:08 am

Sotiris wrote:
Once was Mortimer wrote:A Gnome alternate ability that I just came up with.

The Gnome may attempt to negate a spell cast in the same room or passage.

Thanks for suggestion! I have a similar ability on the Monk hero (he just cancels magic).
I want to keep Gnome out of the regular style of a spellcaster but remain into magic.

Sorry, missed that on my first read through of the current heroes. Though that brings to another idea off your original ... the Gnome can play any trap card they choose to hold onto back against any monster, just an idea.
Once was Mortimer

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 8th, 2016, 1:46 pm

No, it's not that.
If you uncover the topmost treasure card, you will achieve nothing.
In similar games, like Settler card game for example, it rather lead to a never-again used card pile.

How about that:

The Gnome may turn around the top treasure card. If he likes it, it stays. if not, the treasure deck will be shuffled.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » February 9th, 2016, 5:49 am

If i were to change names:
Blacksmith -> Runesmith
Dwarf -> Scout or Pathfinder
Elf -> Elven Warrior

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » February 10th, 2016, 9:33 am

I'll do some tests more with the Gnome. This time i'll try this special skill:
instead of an action you may draw a treasure card and place it open on the board. The card remains out of the deck until:
you perform again your special skill (the card returns to the deck. you draw another one),
OR a hero selects it (during treasure search),
OR the end of the quest.

edit: Gnome is ok now. I limited this skill to tokens. Gnome gains 1 token each time Zargon reveals a room.

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes