• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Carl Forhan's Rogue vs Original Heroes

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Re: Carl Forhan's Rogue vs Original Heroes

Postby Gold Bearer » June 20th, 2014, 2:37 pm

:cry:
Jazzdrummer wrote:I like it a lot. I'll try out Carl's, yours, and Sotiris' assassin some more this weekend.
Fine, completely ignore mine. :)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sotiris » June 20th, 2014, 6:46 pm

Jazzdrummer wrote:I like it!!!! Sotiris does short blades mean he can use a short sword?

Yeap! Use this version if you found the previous hard.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Jazzdrummer » June 23rd, 2014, 11:14 am

Okay I played Carl Forhan's rogue in game this past weekend. I think it was adventure 7 I believe. The only changes I made to him was if he flanked an enemy with another hero he could roll an additional 1 :skull: . Overall he did great. What's funny is his trap disarming skills are fantastic but he failed every single attempt during the adventure...lol. Flanking was tough at times to pull off. But he did get several opportunities to do it and scored a few important kills. His weak health of 5 is a pretty big weakness though so I had to be careful with him. All in all I think he's very balanced compared to the others. I thought he would be overpowered. But the low health and item restrictions more than make up for that. I'll be posting a short review on Malcadon's rogue and Sotiris's updated assassin soon. Goblin-Bearer I didn't forget about you either... :lol: . I'm not really using ranks or levels in my games. So would your versions be different if that's the case?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Jazzdrummer

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » June 23rd, 2014, 1:27 pm

Jazzdrummer wrote:Goblin-Bearer I didn't forget about you either... :lol: . I'm not really using ranks or levels in my games. So would your versions be different if that's the case?
:goblin: Bearer? :? I collect goblins as I go through the quest and carry them round the dungeon. :2cents: Bearer! :)

Without using leveling up you'd just ignore those rules and use the base version. The base versions of all my characters are designed to be ballanced with the original heroes. I think the assassin might be a tad overpowered though. If you think so too you could change his dodging ability so that it works on a black shield instead of a white one.

Edit: Another way of doing it if you don't want that type of character progression is to use hero specific artifacts to include the advanced ablilities.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Heroes