• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Carl Forhan's Rogue vs Original Heroes

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Re: Carl Forhan's Rogue vs Original Heroes

Postby Sotiris » June 9th, 2014, 2:48 am

Ready! The text was too big but now it's ok.
I finally changed his movement skill to 3 dice. He needs it because his equipment is highly restricted and his dagger doesn't guarantee always the success.
Enjoy him!
Assassin hero.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Goblin-King » June 9th, 2014, 3:33 am

Well done. I like it. It is very clean and easy to understand.

I'm a little unsure about the limit to the dagger. 1 die is NOT much, even with his insta-kill rule.
But then again, he is a prime candidate for +dice spells and potions.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 9th, 2014, 5:13 am

An alternative to the three movement dice would be allowing him the usual two, but also allowing him to move-attack-move. In combination with his attack special rules, this would represent him whirling past slow thinking Orcs, slitting their throats.
I find three movement dice a tad hefty (in theory), but ultimately useless (in practise) because most player groups stay together (- and if not, that much fastness is worth quite little when you storm room after romom amassing goblins behind you). Then again, the assassin you seem to have in mind is definitely something for a player who likes to take risks and tends to be a loner or at least the one who storms the rooms to take out the most powerful opponent he can see and reach with a quick aimed attack.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » June 9th, 2014, 5:21 am

But having 3 dice also makes it easier to be left behind and catch up.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Jazzdrummer » June 9th, 2014, 9:36 am

Sotiris, it's awesome man. Thanks a lot for taking the time and doing that for me. The character is simple yet thematic. Since there is only 1 black shield on each dice it's quite possible for an enemy to fail their roll no matter how many defense dice they have. Looking forward to playing him in my next game. I'm also going to use your thief variant as well.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Jazzdrummer

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » June 9th, 2014, 1:38 pm

I'm glad you liked it guys, especially your son Jazzdrummer!
The point of 3 movement dice is not only to be fast but to not also be slow.

If i find a nice Thief image i'll make 1 card too. I have about 15 heroes, when i finish their cards i'll post'em all.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby TMU » June 13th, 2014, 3:56 pm

Wow Sotiris, that is really nice. I like the idea of this, easy to understand, a simple character with a twist. Well done |_P
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » June 14th, 2014, 5:39 am

Sotiris, I really think your assassin should be able to use a shortsword. One attack dice just isn't enough for an assassin and look at the picture you're using. ;) Also it would mean it could have a magic weapon (Orcsbane).

My contributions. Not as simple but could be fun. The equivalent to a movement of ten with random movement is rolling three dice and ignoring the lowest. They haven't been reworded to clean them up yet but it should be understandable.

Assassin
Race: Human. Class: Assassin. Equipment: Blow Pipe, Darts, Five Knives, Dagger.
Attack = 1^ Defence = 1 Movement = 10 Body Points = 6 Mind Points = 4
Special Rules:

• Lands a death strike that kills the target outright if all attacking dice are skulls and they don't make their defence roll.
  • Can backstab with one handed blades (axes don't count) including a thrown Knife attacking with two extra combat dice from directly behind and landing a death strike if at least half are skulls, and with one extra combat dice from diagonally behind (assuming you're using a weapon that can attack diagonally) and landing a death strike if more than half of the attack dice are skulls.
  • When you're attacked in melee roll a dice for every skull the attacker rolled before you defend, if any are white shields you dodge the attack.
  • Fails a jump on a black shield instead of a skull.
  • Can use a Blow Pipe to fire twice and move at half rate.
  • You are unable to use two handed melee weapons or any type of shield or buckler or any type of helmet or helm or wear Mid-Weight or Heavy Armour.

Veteran:
  • +1A when throwing knives + can throw two knives if you move at half rate.

Master:
  • Another +1A when throwing knives + can throw three knives if you don't move.

Legend:
  • When you roll to dodge if any of the dice are black shields you make a counter attack out of sequence if you're able to reach which is defended against normally and if you roll a skull as well you can use either your own weapons attack dice or the attackers weapons attack dice.

Rogue
Race: Human. Class: Thief. Equipment: Sword.
Attack = 2 Defence = 1 Movement = 10 Body Points = 5 Mind Points = 5
Special Rules:

• Can disarm traps using the Tool Kit rules as standard and the Dwarf rules when using a Tool Kit.
  • When you're attacked in melee roll a dice for every skull the attacker rolled before you defend, if any of them are white shields you dodge the attack.
  • You can use any equipment you find, using the tools of evil means nothing to you and you can graverob from any dead Followers but you can't use evil magical stuff like Wight Blades and Chaos Cloaks.
  • You can attempt to steal if you start your turn directly adjacent to another character by rolling a dice and if it's a skull you fail, if it's a white shield you succeed (1 dice *10 gold or an item they're not using if you're using rules for equipping), but if it's a black shield you get caught and attacked once by that character straight away with their best weapon (or the weapon they're using if you're using rules for equipping, A1 for a ranged weapon, arrow stab).
  • You can Haggle with a shop owner by rolling a dice and if it's a white shield you get 10% off all purchases and 10% on all sales, but if it's a black shield you have to pay 10% extra on all purchases and you get 10% on all sales.
  • You can attempt to sell patched up weakened or damaged equipment by rolling a dice and if it's just weakened then on a skull it doesn't work, on a white shield it does and on a black shield you get attacked with 1 dice and thrown out, if it's damaged then on a skull you get attacked with 1 dice and thrown out, on a white shield it does and on a black shield skull it just doesn't work, and you can't buy a direct replacement for an item you've just sold.
  • Fails a jump on a black shield instead of a skull.
  • You are unwilling to share any items or gold with other characters and can only trade with them if what you getting is of equal or greater value than what you're trading.
  • Can't wear Mid-Weight or Heavy Armour or use any type of two handed melee weapons.
  • You are unable to use two handed melee weapons or any type of shield or buckler or any type of helmet or helm or wear Mid-Weight or Heavy Armour.

Veteran:
  • Can attempt to read a spell from a scroll rolling a combat dice, on a skull it's successful, on a white shield it fails, on a black shield it fails and you loose the scroll.

Master:
  • Can use evil magical equipment like Wight Blades and Chaos Cloaks.

Legend:
  • Can backstab with a one handed blade (axes don't count) attacking with two extra combat dice from directly behind and with one extra combat dice from diagonally behind (assuming you're using a weapon that can attack diagonally).
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 14th, 2014, 9:57 am

can't he use 2 daggers? one in each hand? That's 2 AD right there :) or 2 attacks with 1AD.

Minor corrections to the text:
[*]regardless of his Body Points. (or regardless of his remaining Body Points) but simply "regardless of his Body Points" should be clear enough.
[*](may not use shield or plate mail)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sotiris » June 15th, 2014, 2:25 am

Sjeng wrote:..Minor corrections to the text:
[*]regardless of his Body Points. (or regardless of his remaining Body Points) but simply "regardless of his Body Points" should be clear enough.
[*](may not use shield or plate mail)

I'll fix it, thnx!!

Now, about the Assassin's attack, i had in mind the following armoury rules where a hero rolls double attack dice for thrown weapons:
If Jazzdrummer or anyone else won't use this armoury then allow the Assassin to use short swords too (or both if you find him weak).
Sjeng, i keep the "2 weapons/2 hands" skill for the Gladiator :) He is another hero, Barbarian style, who is able to use 2 one-handed weapons (2 longswords=-1 movement die, may not use crossbow).

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes