• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Norse Shaman

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Re: Norse Shaman

Postby gootchute » July 6th, 2014, 11:49 pm

Daedalus wrote:I like the idea of leaving the spell for the whole Quest--if ya got a tile, use it. Perhaps the spell could be made susceptible to fire spells and heat. I don't see it lasting in the dwarven-forge room of KK.

It appears the spell can be cast on water squares. What do you do if the spell covers a pit trap? If not yet sprung, I imagine the spell has no effect on it. If sprung, jumping the pit seems to take the place of checking for slipping on that square. Open interpretation is needed, but that is par for the course when playing HQ, anyway.

Permanency would depend on how static the quest is, though it is not unheard of for a spell to become better depending on the board state (think Pass Through Rock and Genie's open door ability). Writing an exception for a specific secret room in a single quest is just cluttering the card for no reason, I imagine Zargon will make such a judgement call on the fly. Fire spells can easily be added to the card though. what do you think of the following wording?

"Place the 1x3 slippery ice tile anywhere you can see. Whenever a monster moves onto a slippery ice square roll 1 combat die. If a white shield is rolled the monster falls and its turn ends. Monsters must roll for each slippery ice square moved onto. Heroes are unaffected by the ice. The tile will stay until the end of the quest or until a fire spell effects a figure in one of it's squares, or the square directly."

The problem here, what counts as a fire spell? Requires interpretation.

As far as pit traps are concerned, there should be no interaction: monsters ignore traps and heroes ignore the ice.
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » August 26th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Maybe the spell should last until the caster dies, can no longer see it, or dismisses it, as with the Ice Wall Chaos spell of the BQP. If you want to keep fire, add something like "...or until a damaging Fire spell is cast against it."
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Jafazo » October 25th, 2014, 8:40 am

I really like this Hero. His spells fit his character theme and all the numbers seem well balanced including trade offs where applicable. Nicely done here.
Unless you specify your version I'm going by the US rules.
Jafazo

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Heroes