• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Battle Mage (Warmancer)

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Battle Mage (Warmancer)

Postby Phoenix » April 23rd, 2009, 9:30 am

I thought this might make a decent addition to The Imperial Academy, but haven't decided on it yet. I'll just preview it here for now. FYI: these are for the TIA rule-set, just so ya' know! Comments/suggestions are not only welcome, but encouraged!

Warmancer

"Wielding magic isn't just a way of life, but a useful tool in battle against Chaos. Spending less time as a scholar and more time as a warrior, the Warmancer class is just your style."

*May use a Helmet
*May use a Broadsword/Shortsword/Axe
*May draw 2 Combat Cards at the beginning of each Quest
*May wear Heavy Robes (+2 to Defense) **NEW**
*May use a Mace or a Scepter **NEW**

*Mind Point Bonus of +2
*Body Point Bonus of +1
*Movement Bonus of +2

*May NOT make Spell Scrolls
*May NOT learn the Wizard Spells (Darkness/Detection/Protection)

*May ONLY use the following Warmancer Spells:
-Madness
-Firestorm
-Explosion
-Blood Burn
-Ice Storm
-Veil of Mist
-Bravery

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Battle Mage (Warmancer)

Postby drathe » April 24th, 2009, 10:29 pm

I like it... a lot! Even though the TIA makes for a pretty formidable Wizard (a character which seems to receive the most common/only complaints in HeroQuest), this is a fantastic alternative to the other Wizard advancements offered in TIA.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Battle Mage (Warmancer)

Postby zep » April 28th, 2009, 12:05 am

I like this. I created a battle mage a long time ago. I believe I showed it to you a while back Phoenix. He used only specific earth and fire spells made for him. I tried to make him a character meant for a battle field and not a dungeon. So he had two healing spells, two mediocre attack spells and two really powerful attack spells. The really powerful spells effected multiple spaces, and they damaged anyone, friend or foe, in the line/radius of damage. He could wear light armor and was allowed to use only one handed weapons, representing the need of one hand to be free for spell casting.
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
zep

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Heroes