Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.



Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.
Jazzdrummer wrote:Using a stealth mechanic entirely based on the monsters mind value works great as well. It's more comprehensive but that's not necessarily a bad thing. But also with your system, correct me if I'm wrong, the only roll for detection is done on the monster's turn? So hero would roll a D6 mind test for himself and then he is considered to be in stealth. At that point he can sneak in and no other rolls are made till the EW turn. There's nothing stopping him really from getting off that first strike. During one of my recent games rarely did I stay in stealth past 1 turn. I would go into it just to land a backstab as opposed to just sitting in the room waiting for the monsters to find me.
Attack. However I wouldn't make his blow a killing blow if wounding the enemy. I do like that idea but against bosses and things, in my system it's be to OP.




Jazzdrummer wrote:Right now I'm playing the game purely vanilla. Trying to keep things as simple as possible while still adding some variety here and there. But you guys have given me tons of ideas which I appreciate. I have your character and armory rules right here on my desktop. Great stuff.


is rolled you may make a bonus attack with your dagger that is unblockable.


you get to roll an extra Combat d6 if
it's an auto wound.
auto wound.

to trigger the dagger strike, that rolling all
would trigger the attack right? Hmmmmm. I like that and using the shields to trigger the attack thematically represents the dual wielding nature of the character since the dagger also gives him a defense die. Very interesting. You might be onto something here. Okay let me think for a minute...
while he would have a 28% chance of rolling a single
. If I went with white shields to trigger the dagger strike it would trigger less often by a huge margin especially since the dagger attack isn't automatic. You still have to roll for it which is only a 50% of success. I would say how about allowing 1
rolled to trigger the dagger attack. This would cause the bonus attack to happen more often than if I used
. I like the idea but an 11% for the possibility of an auto-wound seems pretty low to me. What do you think?
which would trigger the assassin's strike.
or if using a broad or long sword a 4% chance of rolling
.
as the trigger
to trigger assassin's strike.


Jazzdrummer wrote:I would say how about allowing 1rolled to trigger the dagger attack. This would cause the bonus attack to happen more often. What do you think?
(which is bad) you actually get a chance at a better hit. If it's 1
the other might be a
so you'd already have a hit, this is a little bit more clunky, as the opponent gets to defend 1 hit and you reroll for an auto wound. It also doesn't remove the need for weapon restrictions. The 'all shields' means the player will naturally want to use a 2Cd6 weapon. Using the 1
means he could still Assassin Strike with the broadsword. AND!!! more words would be needed for the rule, is that a strike for each shield!?! I always like to go for the least worded option.

version, as written still isn't an auto wound. As the words used are 'Bonus attack', which implies a roll for the dagger. 1Cd6 50% chance of an auto wound, if rolling
!
= Autowound / All
= Autowound

would indicate a miss. But for the assassin he now has a chance to roll for an auto wound. Wait...I just saw your new post. I was just going to say why don't we just remove the bonus roll. If the assassin rolls 2
the monster receives an auto wound. No roll. If I went with using a
to trigger the auto wound then it might be better to limit the assassin to a short sword which would give him a 28% chance of success while a long/broad sword would give him a 35% chance of success. This would be somewhat like my original assassin.


Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest