Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.


Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!
Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.
knightkrawler wrote:I don't know. Revenant means "He who has come back", so basically it's another word for Zombie


knightkrawler wrote:I don't know. Revenant means "He who has come back", so basically it's another word for Zombie, but there's no need to fiddle around with words here.
If you're gonna have an undead for a hero, a term which is different from monsters is needed. Revenant is perfect.
Here's another idea: After he suffers the loss of BP, he gets to roll 1 combat die. With a skull he immediately regains 1 BP.
That's kind of how I handle the regeneration power of trolls, though they don't need to roll a die; rather than that, troll regeneration is automatic, so heroes have to hit him with at least 2 BP to hurt him. But that would be much too powerful for a hero.



knightkrawler wrote:My bad. You'r both right about Zombies being brought back. Didn't think it through.





Sjeng wrote:I do however also like the modern zombie, which is a dead person, still living on as a rotting corpse, with some basic instinct left in its decaying brain, lusting for flesh, as a result of some strange virus that spreads through blood and being bitten. Or sometimes even caused by some viral outbreak, spread by unknown manners. Totally different from the fantasy version though.




Sjeng wrote:According to Mantic games and a pc game I once played called Revenant (awesome diablo clone!) a Revenant can also be brought back by a wizard or necromancer. I see revenants as an undead with the spirit of the deceased brought back into the corpse. Zombies are mindless living corpses, under a necromancer's command usually, doing their bidding. Undead skeletons are merely magically animated skeletons, also brought to life by a wizard or necromancer.
That's how I see them in the fantasy world anyway, and I think most do.
I do however also like the modern zombie, which is a dead person, still living on as a rotting corpse, with some basic instinct left in its decaying brain, lusting for flesh, as a result of some strange virus that spreads through blood and being bitten. Or sometimes even caused by some viral outbreak, spread by unknown manners. Totally different from the fantasy version though.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest