knightkrawler wrote:If I remember correectly, in the stats found in the BQP quest book it is stated the Crossbowman has also a shortsword which gives him 2 AD against adjacent opponents.
After checking the resources on this website I've discovered that are several variations on the Crossbowman's attack dice.
- In The Frozen Horror he has 3 AD and the quest book states that he can switch to a broadsword, also for 3 AD.
- The the EU versions in Wizards of Morcar and The Dark Company have 2 AD and don't reference what happens when he is adjacent to a foe. It seems the EU rules for the Croosbowman are different than they are for a hero using a crossbow in that the weapon is weaker and can be used attacking an adjacent foe
- In the localized versions of these two quests, the Crossbowman has 3 AD and switches to a shortsword for 2 AD for short range melees. I assume that Phoenix wanted to create a balance between the NA and EU versions as the NA stats make these characters more potent, whether enemies or hirelings.
Now I'm thinking that a hero version of the Crossbowman might have 3 AD, 2 DD, 6 BP and 3 MP. He would have a dagger (1 AD) for melees and move 2D6. The other mercenaries would have the same stats except for weapons and special abilities they had as NPC's.































