Page 1 of 1

Evil Wizard Deck (2021 Edition)

PostPosted: May 26th, 2023, 8:38 pm
by Maalicia_Ironhoof
Based off the old topic for classic HQ here...

I have recreated the 24 cards from the "sjeng" version of the "Evil Wizard Deck" in a remastered 2021 version of the for those interested. The text is all the same, some of the same images have been used, however I found it difficult to source good quality images used in the original to create something consistent so had to update some of them...

I also decided NOT to use the traditional morcar/zargon/mentor image as well... the classic evil wizard imagery is also often interchangeable used to represent Mentor - and as the Mentor figure in the 2021 edition is clearly defined as such - I am not using that imagery for the Evil Wizard...

For those not in the know of this classic fan piece, it is essentially an "Event" deck used on the Morcar/Zargon/Evil Wizard turn, and very handy for those GM's that are not really on the ball with throwing their own Ad-Hoc spice into the game.

***UPDATE 2025-01-22***
There have been some updates to the initial 24 cards, along with 16 new ones (8 are adapted from Banjo's Chaos Skill Cards, and another 8 are my own creations).


Vector PDF link is here

Not all cards are featured in the below previews due to post attachment limits.

Card Pack - Evil Wizard Cards-2.jpg

Card Pack - Evil Wizard Cards-3.jpg

Card Pack - Evil Wizard Cards-4.jpg

Card Pack - Evil Wizard Cards-5.jpg

Card Pack - Evil Wizard Cards-1.jpg

Re: Evil Wizard Deck (2021 Edition)

PostPosted: August 12th, 2023, 11:19 pm
by gootchute
Thank you for your contribution, I am looking for any remastered quests and cards.

Re: Evil Wizard Deck (2021 Edition)

PostPosted: August 12th, 2023, 11:32 pm
by Kurgan
These look pretty BA. I love the Evil Wizard deck...

Re: Evil Wizard Deck (2021 Edition)

PostPosted: August 13th, 2023, 1:43 am
by CharlesWallace
I did notice the ambush card seems to have a typo. It says scalks and probably means stalks? Regardless, these are super cool and I would love to use them. Do you have suggestions for how that would look? Like draw cards at beginning of quest and then use them on Zargon’s turn when he chooses? Or draw during the quest itself?

Re: Evil Wizard Deck (2021 Edition)

PostPosted: August 13th, 2023, 1:59 am
by Kurgan
The idea behind the original Sjeng deck is that when there are no monsters on the board Zargon draws a card on his turn. He can keep up to 3 in his hand, but if he draws another one, he has to use one of the cards immediately or discard it (when the deck is used up, it comes back). I have been using a version of this deck in the last part of the Frozen Horror campaign.

Re: Evil Wizard Deck (2021 Edition)

PostPosted: August 13th, 2023, 8:46 am
by Maalicia_Ironhoof
CharlesWallace wrote:I did notice the ambush card seems to have a typo. It says scalks and probably means stalks?


Thanks for your feedback guys, i posted these a while ago and figured no one was interested, I'm in the middle of moving house, I'll fix this typo up when I'm all set up.

I also intend on making quest pack specific cards for each pack, nothing huge, just 3 new cards targeted at that packs montsters or mechanics, to add into the pack or swap out existing ones to keep it fresh.

Re: Evil Wizard Deck (2021 Edition)

PostPosted: August 13th, 2023, 8:48 am
by Maalicia_Ironhoof
I think i have also updated a couple of images since this initial release...

Re: Evil Wizard Deck (2021 Edition)

PostPosted: August 13th, 2023, 9:17 am
by gootchute
Awesome! If you need help brainstorming quest pack specific cards, let us know!

Re: Evil Wizard Deck (2021 Edition)

PostPosted: January 21st, 2025, 10:47 pm
by Clerical4
These are great! Could you update the vector link please? Thanks a lot!

Re: Evil Wizard Deck (2021 Edition)

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2025, 12:04 am
by Maalicia_Ironhoof
Hey guys, I've updated the main link with the latest version.

There have been some updates to the initial 24 cards, along with 16 new ones (8 are adapted from Banjo's Chaos Skill Cards, and another 8 are my own creations).

If all goes well I'll add more later this year.

Keep in mind that these are generally to be held onto by the GM to use at the right time, there was some confusion on Reddit that these were all to be used immediately and would be overpowering for the players, that's not the intention (unless a card states to play immediately). They work well for those who are not as adept as active GM's and like to have some gaming material prompts for them to use.

Any type-o's etc let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lttmhM ... sp=sharing