• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Matching card style (artwork)

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Wich artwork fit better the original style?

Elf Jumping
No votes
Barbarian Jump
14%
Dwarf Running
14%
Wizard Card
43%
Heavy Attack
29%

Total votes : 14

Matching card style (artwork)

Postby lestodante » June 13th, 2020, 3:35 pm

So I asked some artists to draw some black and white images with the purpose of creating new custom cards.
Can you tell me which one of these cards you like the most because it fit the original style better?
Please consider the characters represented in the artworks are not yet the HQ Heroes, except two of them (Barbarian Jump and Heavy Attack) representing a classic Barbarian.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Matching card style (artwork)

Postby Anderas » June 13th, 2020, 3:50 pm

They're all fitting quite well!
I still would love to get my hands on those pictures in a good resolution. I am not half as talented as your friend but I have like twice as much cards than pictures...

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » June 13th, 2020, 6:13 pm

These new cards are painted by different artists.
As I am working on new custom cards I asked them to draw some, but it is a commission, unfortunately they are not friends that sketch for free!
The skilled guys prefer to exchange the noble art of drawing with some vulgar gold coins! :mrgreen:
I am actually working on an Evil Wizard Cards deck, Skills cards ("Standard Skills" and "Magic Skills" for magic users only) and also on new spells. There is also a special deck for a "new" Sorcerer...

evil wiz deck.jpg
azoth deck.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » February 24th, 2022, 11:17 am

I like the line work of the Wizard Card best.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 24th, 2022, 11:45 am

First one is cool, may I use it when it is finished?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » February 24th, 2022, 12:00 pm

The Heavy Attack one to me resembles the original art the most (even with the over the top blood/gore). Gary Chalk's art tended to give us heroes that were often covered in dirt, warts, hairy, disheveled, etc. kind of rough around the edges. Some of the artwork was a little more subdued (less busy) than art found in say, Lone Wolf, but that card kind of reminds me of that style a bit more.

The styles do vary a bit from expansion to expansion, but those are my impressions. They all look good, but some of them look more like panels from a comic book (which is another style) from the era, rather than a card from the game. It's all quality though, thanks for sharing!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby lestodante » February 24th, 2022, 6:44 pm

This is an old post, the images were painted by Babyrhino and The_Maal_ as a demonstration.
They both were hired then.

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » February 25th, 2022, 2:29 am

And the card back for the EWP cards?

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » February 25th, 2022, 3:59 pm

Anderas wrote:And the card back for the EWP cards?

It's drawn by Luis Octavio NB. That's from another project I have.

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Cards