Page 1 of 1

More Treasure Deck cards

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2018, 11:25 am
by Count Mohawk
Apparently my brain is having a grand old time inventing Hero Quest cards without me, because these two more or less showed up uninvited and forced me to write them.
ImageImageImage
These are both very mean cards to find in the Treasure deck! Jagged Weapon basically forces the Hero to have a backup weapon on him, while Torn Purse is just a "feels-bad" money remover. Ironically, the variation of Jagdweapon which uses the colored (Green) dice is a lot more lenient than the other one, since a downgrade to green is much easier to deal with than just removing the die outright.

Re: More Treasure Deck cards

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2018, 11:37 am
by j_dean80
Very evil and simple. I like them.

Re: More Treasure Deck cards

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2018, 4:21 pm
by Anderas
I like them. They are mean and new. I guess I have to print those uninvited cards. :D

Re: More Treasure Deck cards

PostPosted: July 24th, 2018, 7:49 am
by Stoner81
Oooh man those are mean! I likey! :D

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.

Re: More Treasure Deck cards

PostPosted: July 25th, 2018, 10:51 am
by Daedalus
A nice addition of variety that can balance a like number of favorable Treasure Card additions.

Re: More Treasure Deck cards

PostPosted: July 25th, 2018, 8:18 pm
by Count Mohawk
Thanks for the appreciation. I asked the evil half of my brain what it was thinking when it made these cards, and apparently it wanted to have a couple of "bad" cards in the Treasure deck which were more than just "lose Body Points" or "suddenly a Wondering Monster!", which is a sentiment I can appreciate. Hazards and WMs, I suspect, should definitely be the most common type of "bad stuff", though!
Hopefully I can find a few more unique ideas to add onto this thread and round out my custom Treasure deck (I've printed 104 cards for it so far).

Re: More Treasure Deck cards

PostPosted: July 27th, 2018, 12:13 am
by mitchiemasha
I like these ideas. Good you've included the non coloured dice variant.

Re: More Treasure Deck cards

PostPosted: July 28th, 2018, 2:02 pm
by Count Mohawk
Good (?) news, everybody - the evil half of my brain came up with some more Treasure Card ideas!
ImageImage
ImageImage

It's easy enough to make Treasure Cards the Heroes want to find - just throw them a large amount of gold, or a low-level magic item.
Making unique Hazards is much more challenging - but also much more rewarding!
One key difference between these things and the average card that comes out of an Evil Wizard deck is the timing - the Heroes are generally not going to be Searching for Treasure if there are monsters already on the board, so you can't throw in any sort of monster buffs.

Edit: In case anybody thinks the "Cursed Idol" is too powerful or something, I intended for the EWP to only be able to force one of each kind of reroll once in total, not once per turn or something! Feel free to tighten my wording if you think it's not clear from the way I wrote it. |_P