Page 1 of 3

Additional Spells - Light Spells

PostPosted: December 10th, 2013, 1:53 pm
by GimmeYerGold
I created these spells to exist alongside the regular spell groups. Suited for a cleric or illusionist magicians. All card art is from Gary Chalk illustrations.

Some other Additional Spells here:
Moon Spells - viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2096

Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Additional Spells - Light Spells

PostPosted: December 10th, 2013, 2:15 pm
by torilen
Looks good - just one thing - on sanctuary...roomful should be room full. :)

Re: Additional Spells - Light Spells

PostPosted: December 10th, 2013, 2:30 pm
by GimmeYerGold
I was copying the Firestorm spell's use of "roomful."

Image

Re: Additional Spells - Light Spells

PostPosted: December 10th, 2013, 2:44 pm
by Sotiris
You have used us to better skills Gimme.. :( :cry:

Re: Additional Spells - Light Spells

PostPosted: December 10th, 2013, 2:54 pm
by GimmeYerGold
Sotiris wrote:You have used us to better skills Gimme.. :( :cry:


:? Are those tears of sadness??

Re: Additional Spells - Light Spells

PostPosted: December 10th, 2013, 11:41 pm
by GimmeYerGold
I think I should go back to the drawing board with the healing spell and perhaps the defense spell, too--they're a bit of a rehash from the system spells :|

Re: Additional Spells - Light Spells

PostPosted: December 11th, 2013, 3:05 am
by Sjeng
the Dazzling Aura art suggests a flaming ward that incinerates enemies. Not 2 extra defense dice in my opinion ;)
I like your cards though!

Re: Additional Spells - Light Spells

PostPosted: December 11th, 2013, 2:29 pm
by Teldurn
Does Sanctuary work in corridors? If not, the spell doesn't seem viable to me. All it would do is basically delay everything by a round. Edit: Unless, of course, it is used as an emergency "Oh *lemony goodness*, I'm almost dead, run away, RUN AWAY!" spell. In which case, it definitely has use.

Sjeng wrote:the Dazzling Aura art suggests a flaming ward that incinerates enemies. Not 2 extra defense dice in my opinion ;)
I like your cards though!

Maybe have it deal 1 BP damage to whoever attacks you until your next turn?

Re: Additional Spells - Light Spells

PostPosted: December 11th, 2013, 2:34 pm
by GimmeYerGold
oops, my reply to Sjeng fell off! I found it:

Sjeng, I totally agree with you about the "flaming ward" aspect of the Dazzling Aura spell That could be pretty cool!

How about something like this?

"Dazzling Aura - This spell may be cast on any one Hero, including yourself. That Hero will be guarded by a wrathful radiance the next time he defends against any one Monster's attack. That Monster will suffer 1 Body Point of damage, unless it can immediately roll a 5 or 6 using one red die."

Re: Additional Spells - Light Spells

PostPosted: December 11th, 2013, 2:42 pm
by GimmeYerGold
Teldurn wrote:Does Sanctuary work in corridors? If not, the spell doesn't seem viable to me. All it would do is basically delay everything by a round. Edit: Unless, of course, it is used as an emergency "Oh *lemony goodness*, I'm almost dead, run away, RUN AWAY!" spell. In which case, it definitely has use.


Yes, it is like a "pause," but I'll have to test it out to see how it can be fully exploited. I could explicitly allow it to work in corridors too, since it's not a destructive spell. Monsters could still move, and may even cast spells--Heroes' and Monster's nonharmful spells would still be effective, too.