• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Parley Cards

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Parley Cards

Postby tallyho » January 19th, 2021, 2:40 pm

Thanks. Great stuff
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Parley Cards

Postby Daedalus » January 26th, 2022, 2:30 pm

Kurgan wrote:I forgot to put this in the rules when I printed my cards, so what are people's opinions...?

Should the "Lone Monster" deck for parleying be like the Treasure cards, wherein once discovered, the "good" cards are discarded (write it down on your sheet, don't keep the card, it can be shuffled back in next quest) and the "bad" cards either go to the bottom of the deck or get shuffled back into the stack?

It all started when I added the "Boots of Speed" (+2 to movement from Legacy of Sorasil, in place of either version of Rabbit Boots, as a permanent item) to it for fun. I was really proud of that decision, then then I was thinking more about it...

I think the original intention was to have this be a "secondary treasure deck" of sorts, so I could see that making sense. But I realized one Hero is going to find the Boots of Speed and then nobody else can ever get it (OR potentially they could all get boots of speed every quest (only one pair of boots can be worn at a time, of course), and is there no option to sell it back? you can only wear one pair, right? etc).

I don't want to make it overly complicated. I just see it as a risky, but interesting gambit when you run across a single monster. Most of the time you'll get attacked or just have to fight him anyway, but once in awhile you might get a cool bonus, and I like that idea. Not all of Zargon's minions are diehard loyal cultists, some of them can be bribed or frightened off (at least for the moment)...

Based on the OP, I'd treat it like an alternate Treasure deck: keep good cards for the current Quest and record if needed, return bad cards and shuffle.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards