Page 1 of 1

Custom EU cards [potions]

PostPosted: August 14th, 2012, 6:27 am
by Sjeng
Well, here it finally is: my potions deck! The last of my custom EU cards collection.

I've remade the original 5 treasure deck potions, added the US expansion potions from KK, RotWL and the EQP + BQP.
I also added 3 optional custom potions, 1 for all heroes, 1 for the dwarf and 1 for the wizard. Artwork kindly provided by Goblin King. (creds added in pdf)
My new Treasure deck contains 2 random potion cards and 2 random spell scroll cards to use with this deck and the scroll deck.

You can use this deck in several ways:
- You can keep the original potions as treasure deck cards, and leave them out of the potions deck. This way, you will have a random chance to find a potion in the treasure pile, from the US expansions that weren't released in Europe or weren't included in KK/RotWL.
- You can remove the original potions from the treasure deck, and add them to the potions deck if you want all potions to be kept together in the same deck for an equal chance of finding them. (update: now added in pdf v1.1)
- You can use both, so the chance of finding one of the original potions is higher than the other potions.
- You can choose to add the optional new cards I added.
- Or you can not use this deck at all ;)

Enjoy!

potion-card-elixir-sjeng.jpg
potion-card-vision-sjeng.jpg
eu_potions_back.jpg


Finished cards now complete!
Monster Cards
Artifact Cards
Treasure Cards
Potion Cards
Equipment Cards
Elf Spell Cards
Chaos Spell Cards
Scroll Spell Cards

Re: Custom EU cards [potions]

PostPosted: August 14th, 2012, 6:56 am
by knightkrawler
What's the chance of you creating a "Mysterious potion" card?
You know, two or three of them to be added to the treasure deck (orioginal potions, as you porposed, are removed and put into the potion deck).
If a hero draws a mysterious potion card he gets to draw from the potion deck and has to use it, otherwise he may keep the mysterious potion card beyond the quest until he really wants to try its effect?

And for the potion decks a card that says, like, "no effect, whatsoever" and a "poison"?

Great work, both of you, by the way...

Re: Custom EU cards [potions]

PostPosted: August 14th, 2012, 7:06 am
by Sjeng
My custom treasure deck has 2 mystery potion cards in it, for this exact purpose. If you find a mystery potion in the treasure pile, you draw one potion card from the potion deck. He can't hold on to it though, he has to draw a card right away.
Poison is also in the treasure deck, from the WoM and EQP expansions. I could add these poison cards to the potion deck as well, if you prefer to use the poison in the potions deck rather than in the treasure deck.
I don't have a no effect potion atm.

Re: Custom EU cards [potions]

PostPosted: August 14th, 2012, 7:23 am
by knightkrawler
Should've looked there, first.
Thx. Again, great work.

Re: Custom EU cards [potions]

PostPosted: August 14th, 2012, 9:41 am
by Ethica
Sjeng wrote:I could add these poison cards to the potion deck as well, if you prefer to use the poison in the potions deck rather than in the treasure deck.


That makes more sense, cause you probabaly wouldn't drink it as soon as you found it.

Re: Custom EU cards [potions]

PostPosted: August 14th, 2012, 11:20 am
by Sjeng
Well, it says on the card that you actually do drink it :P But I'll add them just so you can choose ;)

Re: Custom EU cards [potions]

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 10:13 am
by Sjeng
Well, I updated my potions deck PDF, and while I was looking at the poison cards from the EQP and the one from WoM, I noticed there were far more potions in these expansions. So I took a deep breath and started converting all those other potions as well in here. Now you have the choice to use all these potions as potion deck cards, or simply leave them as they were in the treasure deck. Or both (but I wouldn't recommend that).
Some potions have no cost, as you would not buy them or should not be able to buy them. Others that were treasure cards have an added cost, just in case you prefer selling them after a quest for half the price, or if you want to add them to the alchemy shop.

Enjoy!!