Page 1 of 5

NEW BESTIARY and also BESTIAL CARDS !

PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 7:44 pm
by gravaillon
Image

Image

Image

All is in the title...
Comments will be appreciate guys ...

Re: NEW BESTIARY and also BESTIAL CARDS !

PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 11:37 pm
by torilen
I did not look at the stats of the monsters real close - that looks pretty good at first glance.
The cards themselves - I do not know how you would say it in french, but HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP
THEY ARE AWESOME. I love them. the design is fabulous, the format is excellent.
If it wasn't for the fact that the pictures were snagged from other places (I am assuming you did
not craft the pictures yourself?), I'd say you have something that could be sold.

Great job!!

P.S. - how about if you take a look at my additions...maybe do some cards for those :)
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=408
...just scroll down a bit for the links. :)

Re: NEW BESTIARY and also BESTIAL CARDS !

PostPosted: January 27th, 2012, 3:53 am
by gravaillon
thanks torilen ! Yes I know, I have stolen the illustrations, it's a bad thing... But on the other hand, I don't want to sell the cards, it is just for sharing, it's just a GIFT !

I have already seen your creations, but sorry, I don't have the time to do the cards. But I have put all my source files from my remastered card in psd (photoshop extension format file), so you can easily make yours with exactly the same look.
You can download them here (warning it's 40 Mo): https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0et9s6KLsx5Mjc2Nzc4N2EtMzNhNy00MmQ2LThlZWYtNGMyNGIxM2FlMTYy&hl=en_US (when you're on the download page, just make ctrl+S or click the "download original" button)

That's all folks !

Re: NEW BESTIARY and also BESTIAL CARDS !

PostPosted: January 27th, 2012, 4:14 am
by Daedalus
Awsome "beast" of a project you have going there. I have a critique- use it or not, as it is only a nit-pick. Still, I hope it helps...

I assume the Archer du Chaos has a ranged attack value of 2. Does the same attack value also apply to adjacent attacks, say with a Shortsword?

Another way to go at it is to use alternate weapons, as the Elven Archr does in the Elf Quest Pack. The Attack Dice are noted as 4(1).
Special text on the monster card details the attack values:

Elven Archers roll 4 combat dice
when attacking non-adjacent targets in
their line of sight. They roll only 1
combat die attacking adjacent targets.

Looking at the Archer du Chaos picture, I'd say the attack values are 2(1). Even if you went with 2(2) attack values, the detail text of non-adjacent and adjacent attacks is useful.
I'd suggest "Ranged Attack:" as introductory keywords.

Another approach is to imitate the detail text of the Crossbowman mercenary cards from Wizards of Morcar expansion set:

Cost: 75 gold coins
Special Ability: Wields a crossbow

Of course, you would need to delete "Cost: 75 gold coins" and substitute shortbow for crossbow.

Re: NEW BESTIARY and also BESTIAL CARDS !

PostPosted: January 27th, 2012, 8:51 pm
by gravaillon
i have decided to draw my own illustrations for the monsters cards to fit better with the original look of the game. I have already made 2 cards/ What do you think about it ?
Image
Image

Re: NEW BESTIARY and also BESTIAL CARDS !

PostPosted: January 27th, 2012, 11:17 pm
by cynthialee
I never learned French beyond that which I need to read a recipie....

meef

Re: NEW BESTIARY and also BESTIAL CARDS !

PostPosted: January 28th, 2012, 6:20 am
by ludooo77
great job !!! i' m fan again agian ; 8-) |_P :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thanks for the works !

j'ai hate de tester tout sa !!!!

Re: NEW BESTIARY and also BESTIAL CARDS !

PostPosted: January 28th, 2012, 9:01 am
by Templar
That is very nice! I would also like to draw my own cards, but my skill in free hand painting is practically zero.

Can't wait to see the Giant Spider!! :D

Re: NEW BESTIARY and also BESTIAL CARDS !

PostPosted: January 28th, 2012, 12:14 pm
by gravaillon
all illustrations are finished (except the dragon !)
I just have to colorize them, and tha'ts done... Thanks for giving me the courage !

Re: NEW BESTIARY and also BESTIAL CARDS !

PostPosted: January 28th, 2012, 3:06 pm
by Daedalus
Very nice! I think it's great that you're going foward with your own art. No messy problems with copyrights this way, and the bonus is you can unify the look.

If you haven't already, make sure you check out the newly-released Hero Quest concept art for the Minotaur, Ratman, Giant Spider, etc. on Toco's site (click Breaking News). There's some cool stuff there that sometimes directly relates to your project.