Page 1 of 1

The proof is in the Puzzle

PostPosted: May 8th, 2010, 10:20 am
by drathe
Long thought to be nothing more than myth with only a set of blurry images found on Steve Baloban's HeroQuest Website, the Ogre Horde and Design Kit puzzles finally show on eBay.

Image

Image

Unfortunately, the Ogre Horde puzzle was missing a single piece... but it still went for a hefty sum. Both were too rich for my blood at this point in time so I couldn't snag them. :cry: Thanks to Derfel Link for the heads up!

Re: The proof is in the Puzzle

PostPosted: May 8th, 2010, 3:54 pm
by el_flesh
Just out of curiosity - what is the desire to have puzzles? Is it a completion of collection desire?

Re: The proof is in the Puzzle

PostPosted: May 8th, 2010, 6:38 pm
by drathe
Completion of collection exactly. I have the first two puzzles, so I would like to have the last two as well.

Re: The proof is in the Puzzle

PostPosted: May 9th, 2010, 1:23 am
by el_flesh
What happens when you finally complete your collection? You get all that was ever produced and you know it???

Do you turn your attention to something else shortly after?

Re: The proof is in the Puzzle

PostPosted: May 9th, 2010, 2:18 am
by drathe
I'm not actually collecting every little thing. There are a lot of different PC games that came out. I don't care about collecting every single one. The puzzles I want to put on one of those puzzle mats that you can hang on the wall like a poster. I did have other things that I've collected throughout the years, but some things just started costing too much to be worthwhile.

I guess when I finally have all the HeroQuest items I would like to have, I'll already be into something else. I expect obtaining the last few items will take a while since I'm not willing to pay the prices many seem to pay for them. I have a limit and I stick with it. But HeroQuest is a hobby that goes beyond collecting spin-off merchandise. There's always the fun in making your own expansions.

Re: The proof is in the Puzzle

PostPosted: June 19th, 2013, 7:17 pm
by Maalicia_Ironhoof
Ive got Ogre horde and have had it for about 12 years, I didnt know people were looking for "proof" it existed! although like the above copy mine is missing a few pieces too :(

Re: The proof is in the Puzzle

PostPosted: June 19th, 2013, 7:19 pm
by Maalicia_Ironhoof
curious tho, how much did these two sell for? I've seen KK and ROTWL sell recently for as high as $60 each! I reckon I paid $10 for each of mine

Re: The proof is in the Puzzle

PostPosted: June 19th, 2013, 7:23 pm
by drathe
The last couple OH puzzles I saw went for $60 and $100.