Page 1 of 1

NEED SOME TECH TESTING

PostPosted: September 28th, 2017, 10:43 am
by torilen
Hey all, I'm trying to work out an interactive and dynamic adventure book.
To sell it, though, I will need to have it in PDF format (unless I can find a
way to sell it through my new website, which I do not even know if I can do
that).

Any how. I've made a PDF. It works on my PC just fine. It works on my tablet,
but only through two PDF readers, while it DOES NOT work on two others.

Would you all mind downloading this and try clicking the buttons to see if
the "dynamic" part works for you or not, and let me know. I greatly appreciate
any help you can offer.

adventure book test.pdf


Matthew

Re: NEED SOME TECH TESTING

PostPosted: September 28th, 2017, 11:16 am
by clmckay
works for me.

IE 11, Windows 7. Adobe Reader XI.

Nothing takes me back to page 1, but there's no option. Button for page 2 stays up after click, however the back button appears on page three and takes me back to page 2, so I suspect that's design, not a functional error.

Re: NEED SOME TECH TESTING

PostPosted: September 28th, 2017, 1:47 pm
by torilen
clmckay - that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks. That a good start.

And yes, whatever you see there is just by function. I just threw a real small test together
to see if it would work, before going a little bigger. If a few other people say it works for them,
I will put together a larger one to make sure it works well. If THAT does, then I'll continue with
my idea.

Re: NEED SOME TECH TESTING

PostPosted: September 28th, 2017, 1:59 pm
by StratosVX
Mac OSX 10.11.6 using the preview app.

No matter what I click, I get sent to page three. Even the button to go back goes to page three.

Re: NEED SOME TECH TESTING

PostPosted: September 28th, 2017, 2:20 pm
by torilen
Thanks Stratos. :)

Stratos and clmckay - would you mind going back and checking out the slideshow,
and see if that works for you. (I'm talking to the publisher help folks and it looks like
I might be able to upload a slideshow for sale...which really would be ideal).

Thanks again...this is a big help. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while,
but wasn't sure how to make it happen.

OKAY - NEVER MIND about the slideshow - it is not recognized here.

Re: NEED SOME TECH TESTING

PostPosted: September 28th, 2017, 8:58 pm
by Aelfbrand
I just tried the .pdf and it works fine for me. Win 10, Adobe Pro X.

Re: NEED SOME TECH TESTING

PostPosted: September 29th, 2017, 2:34 pm
by torilen
Thanks aelfbrand.