Page 1 of 1

Any 2000AD fans in the house?

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 2:46 am
by NapalmKev
2000AD - 'The Galaxies Greatest Comic' is still going strong 40 years after its release. It's an Anthology title, usually having five strips from various genres, Sci-fi/Dystopian Future, Fantasy, Comedy, and mixes thereof.

The most popular, and longest running character is Judge Dredd who has had two films made. The Stallone version, and the 2012 adaption starring Karl Urban, which was a much grittier affair!

A couple of the more popular characters have had role playing games made which I'm sure some of you would be aware of being keen gamers.

I'm a big fan of the Comic, and its sister title - Judge Dredd Megazine. Are you? Come, sit by the fire and chat...

Cheers

Re: Any 2000AD fans in the house?

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 3:18 am
by Goblin-King
I like the whole Judge Dredd/ABC Warriors/Nemisis the Warlock universe, though I'll admit to only actually having read a very few books.
Here is a robot - who is also a wizard - and here he is involved in extreme gore... I like how they just don't give a fraggle.
I don't care if it's ridiculous or pandering to man-children. They make something they think is cool and just roll with it. Too few titles does that - and pulls it off!

Re: Any 2000AD fans in the house?

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 3:43 am
by knightkrawler
Some of the greatest comic book writers and artists have come from that mag.
Garth Ennis, Warren Ellis, Alan Davis, MArk Millar, and of course Alan Moore, to name just a few of my favortites.
Frank Quitely, Dave Gibbons... I think every British artist or writer that is worth their salt has at some point created for 2000 AD.

Re: Any 2000AD fans in the house?

PostPosted: May 12th, 2017, 9:37 am
by Goblin-King
Don't forget Simon Bisley! The Biz is one of my all time favorite artists :)

Image