Page 1 of 2

Gaming Gear Kickstarters

PostPosted: December 8th, 2014, 6:40 pm
by Redav
I'm not into gaming quite as much as others on this forum but I thought I'd start a thread featuring this sort of stuff as some of it's pretty bear. It's aimed at accessories and things, not necessarily games or gaming pieces. Nor does it need to be limited to Kickstarter and can also be projects that have been funded as the point of these things is that they then enter regular retail so others may well find these useful.

One of the guys at work flicked me this link;
Hex Chests - wooden containers for dice and things

Sjeng has previously posted this foam case system;
Mantis Model Storage Cases - mini storage cases

And I'm sure there's plenty others out there

Re: Gaming Gear Kickstarters

PostPosted: May 6th, 2015, 6:51 pm
by Redav
Campaign Coins has a KS that has a day to go

Re: Gaming Gear Kickstarters

PostPosted: May 7th, 2015, 3:08 am
by The Road Warrior
Thanks for this. I've been wanting to get some of these coins for ages.

Re: Gaming Gear Kickstarters

PostPosted: May 8th, 2015, 11:02 am
by IvenBach
I've seen some coin stuff before but these seem like the most thought went into them. Sad I missed out on it.

Re: Gaming Gear Kickstarters

PostPosted: May 17th, 2015, 9:13 am
by QorDaq
IvenBach wrote:I've seen some coin stuff before but these seem like the most thought went into them. Sad I missed out on it.


Yeah, I have been meaning to invest in one of these coin promotions, (there have been a few companies doing this for a while), but keep just missing them... With this most recent one the coins are available from the web-site I believe, but I love the idea of getting extra goodies from a KS promo.

maj!

Re: Gaming Gear Kickstarters

PostPosted: May 17th, 2015, 1:00 pm
by Goblin-King
I considered those coins at a time, but I want 10, 50 and 100 coins in copper, silver and gold respectively.
I couldn't find a combination of coins I liked with those specs. Mostly because I just want my coins to be plain round.

A lot of the coins look really good individually though :)

Re: Gaming Gear Kickstarters

PostPosted: May 18th, 2015, 2:11 pm
by QorDaq
Goblin-King wrote:I considered those coins at a time, but I want 10, 50 and 100 coins in copper, silver and gold respectively.
I couldn't find a combination of coins I liked with those specs. Mostly because I just want my coins to be plain round.

A lot of the coins look really good individually though :)


I definitely get the desire to have all of the coins conform to a "Standard" shape--coins of the realm and all of that.

But I have to say, the first thing I thought when I saw all of the different shapes and sizes was; This makes a certain kind of sense as coinage plundered from a dungeon could have come from anywhere at any time in history. However, you are right that it would be nice to be able to have the same denominations in multiple styles, shapes, sizes, and so on. Otherwise it kind of looks like whomever minted _____ coin(s) only ever produced certain styles or denominations.

Re: Gaming Gear Kickstarters

PostPosted: May 19th, 2015, 5:37 am
by slev
My only big problem with Campaign Coins is that the "denominations" are based on a modern understanding of currency.

I want metal coins where a coin of say, "5 copper" weighs the same as five coins of "1 copper", etc.

The only way to do this with their kit is to have different metals be different denominations.

Re: Gaming Gear Kickstarters

PostPosted: May 19th, 2015, 10:14 am
by IvenBach
Never thought of it like that, makes sense though. No wonder bags of holding are so sought after by adventurers. It all make sense now, the coins are just so heavy!

Re: Gaming Gear Kickstarters

PostPosted: May 19th, 2015, 11:24 am
by Big Bene
I don't really like the look of these coins. They are beautiful, no doubts here, but the artwork looks definitely "modern". It has "early 21st century" written all over it. You could not even take it for steampunk era.