Page 1 of 8
Actors for HQ Movie

Posted:
November 26th, 2014, 9:04 pm
by torilen
Here are my thoughts on who could play what characters if they should ever make a HQ movie.
Mentor - Anthony Hopkins
Morcar - Mark Strong (from Sherlock Holmes)
Barbarian - Djimon Hounsou
Elf - Matt Bomer (from tv show White Collar), Jame McAvoy
Wizard - Idris Elba, Hugh Jackman, Daniel Day Lewis, Gary Oldman
Dwarf - John Rhyse Davis, Richard Armitage, Graham McTavish
Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Posted:
November 27th, 2014, 2:38 pm
by Maike05
with picture ?

Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Posted:
November 27th, 2014, 4:50 pm
by knightkrawler
Mentor/Morcar: same person... come on, we've been over this! - John Malkovich
Barbarian: Jason Momoa
Elf: Chris Colfer
Wizard: Michael Cera
Dwarf: Jonah Hill
See the chemistry going on?
Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Posted:
November 27th, 2014, 5:43 pm
by torilen
Knightkrawler - if they were going to make the movie a comedy...MAYBE I could see your line up.
To be honest, I really don't like Michael Cera or Jonah Hill on the screen, though. Just don't think they
can act all that well. This could just be my dislike of most modern comedy movies...not sure.
Maike - don't worry, you didn't miss anything. There are no plans that I know of. I just got to thinking about
actors who could play various characters for novels and such yesterday, and started thinking over actors who
could play the heroes from HQ, as well.
Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Posted:
November 27th, 2014, 6:25 pm
by Big Bene
Mentor - Christofer Lee
Morcar - Tim Curry
Barbarian - Ralph Moeller (if he isn't too old), well Jason Momoa could do it perhaps, I just think he's a bit too much a "southern" type
Dwarf - John Rhyse Davis (yes, who else)
Elf - Leonardo di Caprio
Wizard - Jonny Depp
Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Posted:
November 27th, 2014, 7:15 pm
by wolfie907
boo on Jason momoa if you want conan the barbarian Arnold can not be beat [some blue contacts and black hairdye were warranted guess john milius couldn't fit that into the budget] so if I do a all time cast these would be my choices
barbarian: Arnold [aduh]
dwarf: warwick davis is who else and is an actual dwarf
wizard: woody harrelson
elf: david bowie [sorry goblin king]
zargon: jeff bridges
mentor: ian mckellan
witch lord: raiph fiennes
sir ragnar: graham chapman
Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Posted:
November 28th, 2014, 2:57 am
by Anderas
I would just reuse the actors as well as the setting of the big bang theory.
It would be a great final movie for the series!
Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Posted:
November 28th, 2014, 4:01 am
by knightkrawler
Kaley Cuoco as Mentor and Wil Wheaton as Morcar?
Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Posted:
November 28th, 2014, 4:42 am
by Big Bene
@Wolfie
Umm, I don't want to destroy any illusions, but Schwarzenegger is close to his seventies by now, and Chapman has died in 1989.

Well, you named it an "alltime cast", so this may be OK. But if you had to cast a HQ movie today, Momoa would be not to bad a choice (though personally I'd prefer Moeller).
But really, for Morcar I can think of no better choice than Curry.
Re: Actors for HQ Movie

Posted:
November 28th, 2014, 6:41 am
by knightkrawler
Big Bene wrote:@Wolfie
Umm, I don't want to destroy any illusions, but Schwarzenegger is close to his seventies by now, and Chapman has died in 1989.

Well, you named it an "alltime cast", so this may be OK. But if you had to cast a HQ movie today, Momoa would be not to bad a choice (though personally I'd prefer Moeller).
But really, for Morcar I can think of no better choice than Curry.
Moeller is ancient and well past his Barbarian shape. If he was the Barbarian he would have 7 attack dice because of sheer age and experience.