Kickstarters Dark Side

Posted:
August 13th, 2014, 9:46 pm
by IvenBach
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324283889/potato-saladPotato salad that needs a kickstarter... I should start one for my own 'noseblower' and see how many backers I get. Has the interweb really gotten this bored? I'm not even going to mention our addiction to an old OOP game 25+ years old, I feel ashamed now.
Re: Kickstarters Dark Side

Posted:
August 14th, 2014, 8:17 am
by knightkrawler
Now, that is funny. Metafunny, hands down. Metametafunny, possibly. Though I don't even think the guy or his backers are able to think that far. Or to think.
Involuntary satire by the creator, rendered retroactively intentional by the backers who were supposed to be fraggled in their collective ass by the creator in the first place. As a B.A. in Literary & Cultural Studies, I can't even begin to describe the repercussional meaning for the state of internet, individuality vs. collectivism, and comedic media of this.
Jesus, this is a piece of satire everybody wants to be part of 30 years from now. "Remember those good ol' web 2.0 times?"
fraggle me rigid. I can die now, cause I've seen everything.
Re: Kickstarters Dark Side

Posted:
August 14th, 2014, 8:55 am
by Sjeng
Yeah I knew about that one. It's weird. Some kind of joke, but apparently, people want to throw money at something as ridiculous as that. I'd rather buy a beer.
Re: Kickstarters Dark Side

Posted:
August 14th, 2014, 9:33 am
by Tott
Sjeng wrote:Yeah I knew about that one. It's weird. Some kind of joke, but apparently, people want to throw money at something as ridiculous as that. I'd rather buy a beer.
mmmm beer.
Im gonna start a KS for me pouring a beer. back me.
everyone that pledges £10 or more will be thought about while im drinking.
Re: Kickstarters Dark Side

Posted:
August 14th, 2014, 10:38 am
by knightkrawler
I'm gonna do a Kickstarter project SO useless and SO rip-off that only Lanzanos will take me.
Re: Kickstarters Dark Side

Posted:
August 14th, 2014, 1:15 pm
by IvenBach
Tott wrote:Im gonna start a KS for me pouring a beer. back me.
everyone that pledges £10 or more will be thought about while im drinking.
You get a

for that! Just remember to use #holdmybeer.
Re: Kickstarters Dark Side

Posted:
November 7th, 2014, 2:10 am
by IvenBach
knightkrawler wrote:I'm gonna do a Kickstarter project SO useless and SO rip-off that only Lanzanos will take me.
You really need to get moving on that KK... I just came across this travesty
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1430411066/50-shades-of-vorpal?ref=category Specifically check out the Risks and Challenges...
Re: Kickstarters Dark Side

Posted:
November 7th, 2014, 4:36 am
by Goblin-King
I'm currently watching Breaking Bad and all I can think of when I see crap like this is MONEY LAUNDRY!!!