Page 1 of 1

A Message for my Friends at the Inn

PostPosted: July 1st, 2014, 6:08 am
by sajungzak
I just had a major event in my life I wasn't going to say anything, but you can follow the link to my facebook if you want to know more. I probably won't be contributing much for a while. I wanted to help with the Anniversary Quest pack... I'll still visit often, I just don't know if I can contribute much. Maybe it'll be a good thing to keep me occupied, but I don't know. I'm just taking it one day at a time.
Replies are welcome, but I would prefer PM.

Re: A Message for my Friends at the Inn

PostPosted: July 1st, 2014, 6:24 am
by Goblin-King
I'm so sorry!

Do what you got to do - and don't worry about us or HQ25.
If you are up for it, you are of course most welcome to help out. If it gets too much, just take a break - we'll pick up the slack.

Re: A Message for my Friends at the Inn

PostPosted: July 1st, 2014, 6:48 am
by Sjeng
Goblin-King wrote:I'm so sorry!

Do what you got to do - and don't worry about us or HQ25.
If you are up for it, you are of course most welcome to help out. If it gets too much, just take a break - we'll pick up the slack.

Very sorry for your loss man. :( I never know what to say, because what can you say, right?
Just that I agree with GK.

Re: A Message for my Friends at the Inn

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 4:03 am
by sajungzak
I does not matter what you say, you don't have to say anything at all. Your presence (be it physical or not) is the only thing that matters. Thank you.

I came across some lyrics Emily had copied on a piece of scratch paper I found in her drawer. I remember now when she showed it to me. She said it was very meaningful to her, with her disabilities making her body seem like a cage.

Here are the lyrics to the full song. I know many of you will be able to discern its meaning and how it relates to my current condition.


Arcade Fire
" My Body is a Cage"

My body is a cage that keeps me
From dancing with the one I love
But my mind holds the key

My body is a cage that keeps me
From dancing with the one I love
But my mind holds the key

I'm standing on a stage
Of fear and self-doubt
It's a hollow play
But they'll clap anyway

My body is a cage that keeps me
From dancing with the one I love
But my mind holds the key

You're standing next to me
My mind holds the key

I'm living in an age
That calls darkness light
Though my language is dead
Still the shapes fill my head

I'm living in an age
Whose name I don't know
Though the fear keeps me moving
Still my heart beats so slow

My body is a cage that keeps me
From dancing with the one I love
But my mind holds the key

You're standing next to me
My mind holds the key
My body is a

My body is a cage
We take what we're given
Just because you've forgotten
That don't mean you're forgiven

I'm living in an age
That screams my name at night
But when I get to the doorway
There's no one in sight

I'm living in an age
That laughs
When I'm dancing
With the one I love
But my mind holds the key

You're standing next to me
My mind holds the key

Set my spirit free
Set my spirit free
Set my body free
Set my body free

Set my spirit free
Set my body free