Page 1 of 3

I need NPCS

PostPosted: December 4th, 2013, 8:34 pm
by chaoticprime
Some of you may know that I am making an indie-RPG. The game is an NES retro-clone. I am in the latter stages of development, and need some help coming up with a load of small stuff like. You can generalize all you want, I can adapt to specifics. Specifically what I need are the identities and placement of NPC commoners.

This is Corsica, an arid town by the ocean where the most robust citizens of Pharamonde are known to live.
Image
Tell me about some of the people who live in it.

Re: I need NPCS

PostPosted: December 5th, 2013, 12:19 am
by mako-heart
A bald barber who talks about when he had hair by his shop.
a creature of sorts in the pin there that makes a sound of sorts.
A snotty brat on the bridge who says go around its his bridge and he is smoking and later in the game you throw his ass in the water.
old grandma type whining about the weather and going to get water at the well and on and on and on....
A stone mason tuck pointing the wall talking about going to the bar after work.
A woman with two small children running about and the woman speaking about her no good drunk of a husband.
A prostitute standing behind the inn and next to the bar. Asks if you are looking for a good time. No or yes same result lose currency.
Person living in the silver dome deal is clearly your typical grey alien.
A young man trying to get out and have a Real adventure... ;) thats all i got chaotic for now

Re: I need NPCS

PostPosted: December 5th, 2013, 1:37 am
by chaoticprime
Perfect

Re: I need NPCS

PostPosted: December 6th, 2013, 12:07 am
by Ragnar IronFist
Retro RPGs = My favorite types of video games!

Looks fun!

Re: I need NPCS

PostPosted: December 6th, 2013, 2:03 am
by Malcadon
I have been seeing a lot of demand and interest in old 8-bit games. A lot of gamers are feeling really nostalgic -- me included! |_P

I put in some suggestions, but this list is mostly for S&Gs: :mrgreen:

  • A flamboyant artist.
  • A village idiot or loony.
  • A grizzled old veteran who talks about the "good ol' days."
  • A cowboy-looking stranger with no name; also is a man of few words.
  • A Druid-type who totally talks like a strung-out hippie, maaannn!
  • A fat, pushy wife, who has an opinion about everyone and every thing.
  • A skinny milk-toast husband (see above) who always says "Yes, ma'am."
  • A topless amazon who yells at you for leering at her chest (not a big issue in 8-bits).
  • A sharpshooter who brags about the amount of adventurers who had to retire after he shot them in the knees.
  • A black kid with yellow shirt, blue scarf and red cap; speaks all in "ubbi-dubbi."
  • A skinny blond hick with blue shirt, gray shorts, and an underbite, who chuckles and wants to burn stuff.
  • A skinny brunette hick with gray shirt and red shorts (standing next to the blond hick), who chuckles and talks about "getting laid".
  • A cute little girl with blond hair, blue eyes (red when she talks) and a pink dress, who would say things like "PUNY MORTAL, I WILL SUCK THE MARROW FORM YOUR BONES AND CHEW YOUR SOUL FOR ALL ETERNITY! Tee-hee! Have a nice day!" (in that font and color).
  • Or if you want to be really original and creative, make a set of nameless, faceless, non-scripted villagers with simple "palette swap" recoloring, basted on a few basic temples (e.g. a man, a woman and a child), who all more or less say the same things. Yeah, no one ever does that! ;)

Re: I need NPCS

PostPosted: December 6th, 2013, 2:21 am
by chaoticprime

Re: I need NPCS

PostPosted: December 6th, 2013, 8:18 pm
by Malcadon
I was lesioning to the soundtrack. Sounds great! |_P

Re: I need NPCS

PostPosted: December 7th, 2013, 11:07 am
by el_flesh
A sharpshooter who brags about the amount of adventurers who had to retire after he shot them in the knees.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(to hell with memes)

Ya I think I knew that Barbarian chick. Some odd fetish they have, to dress provocative and then yell at any male who even looks at them, never mind gawk.

Don't forget to put a few bored city guards around. If you want some comedy, make them like the wedding-guard idiots from Monty Python's "Holy Grail" who can't get one instruction right.


Re: I need NPCS

PostPosted: December 8th, 2013, 5:20 pm
by torilen
chaotic - are you planning to post this quest when you're done. Looks pretty neat...very
zelda-style-ish. I could go for that.

Re: I need NPCS

PostPosted: December 8th, 2013, 5:22 pm
by chaoticprime
When the game is finished, I plan to sell it for five bucks.