Page 1 of 5

Inn visitor's ages

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 8:38 pm
by Daria
el_flesh wrote:did BAD daddy introduce you to fantasy gaming?


Lol. Yeah 22 years ago.

Re: Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2012, 2:49 am
by knightkrawler
You're not even that old, judging from that picture of yours...
|_P

Re: Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2012, 10:50 am
by Daria
28 actually, although frequently mistaken for a teenager.

Re: Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2012, 9:01 pm
by drathe
My guess is 25-35 for the majority, with 30-35 making up the most of that range.

Re: Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2012, 11:36 pm
by Nephew of Mentor
I would initially have guessed approximately that also, though the way some people talk on here they make themselves sound older, haha.

Re: Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: December 4th, 2012, 8:29 am
by Ethica
Perhaps a survey would be in order?

Re: Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: December 4th, 2012, 12:47 pm
by Blackthorn
drathe wrote:My guess is 25-35 for the majority, with 30-35 making up the most of that range.


I imagine this is accurate as most people here seem to have discovered HeroQuest when they were kids. I was already in my 20's with a child of my own when it came out, but when I saw the picture on the back of box with all of the minis and furniture I knew I had to have it! I originally played it with my wife and brother-in-law and later with my kids once they were old enough.

Now I'm in my 40's, unapologetically playing with little plastic figures and pretending to be an evil wizard :)

Re: Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: December 4th, 2012, 6:41 pm
by Big Bene
Well, I think I was perhaps 19 or 20 when I got it. Had played pen & paper rpgs for some years. I and my friends thought it to be rather silly back then, but bought it anyway to use the minis and furniture for rpgs. We did that once, actually. I had to mature a bit further to discover the wisdom of simplicity... Now I'm a big fan of HQ :mrgreen:

Re: Gargoyle Wing Replacement

PostPosted: December 4th, 2012, 10:58 pm
by Blackthorn
I would think it's easier to get adults to play HQ than pen and paper RPGs. As a teenager I used to play Steve Jackson's "The Fantasy Trip" RPG and I couldn't imagine playing it now.

Re: Inn visitor's ages

PostPosted: December 5th, 2012, 2:01 am
by Sjeng
I'm 35 now, and bought the game in 2011. Never owned it, but my wife had, and told me about it. She got me hooked :P