Page 1 of 4

Chibi D&D miniatures kickstarter

PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 6:55 am
by Sjeng
guys, check this out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674 ... t-chibi-an

This is getting to be very interesting. The classic cartoon D&D heroes and monsters, chibi style (for all your Super Dungeon Explore needs)!

Re: Chibi D&D miniatures kickstarter

PostPosted: October 11th, 2012, 1:04 am
by Daedalus
I'd like to get them, but I'm too cheap. Spent my expendable cash on Reaper Bones. Nice to look at, anyway.

Re: Chibi D&D miniatures kickstarter

PostPosted: October 11th, 2012, 11:10 am
by Big Bene
Cute!
Beeing an old manga fan, I like the look of those, though I think I would hardly actually use them in a game. Would put them on my shelf if I had more expendable money.

Re: Chibi D&D miniatures kickstarter

PostPosted: October 11th, 2012, 5:07 pm
by Daedalus
Interestingly enough, a guy at Old Scratch has just released a beta to playtest using the very same figures in a dungeon-crawl game. It resembles Super Dungeon Explore, but is solo or co-op against the dungeon. Check it out here.

The figures should be really nice, but they are pricey. Maybe I'll pick them up some day, if the beta develops into a good enough game to justify the price. I could see playing it with my kid--if it isn't too complex. Hell, I've got way too many Chibi-style toys already, just waiting to be played with. I may adapt them to this new Chibi game meanwhile.

Re: Chibi D&D miniatures kickstarter

PostPosted: October 12th, 2012, 3:47 am
by Big Bene
Can anybody tell me about this "Kickstarter" thing? Heard of it before, but this is the first time I actually visited the site.
Am I misunderstanding something, or can only US and UK citizens start a project? Would be a shame... :?

I also checked your link, but this guy uploaded his beta rules on googledocs, so I would have to use a google account to see it. Perhaps I'll do so when I'm at home again (don't have my google password here), but I'm already a bit disappointed. If he wants people to check his game then he shouldn't upload it to a place that requires a sign-in. :zombie:

Re: Chibi D&D miniatures kickstarter

PostPosted: October 12th, 2012, 11:20 am
by Daria
I have $35 invested in that kickstarter, thought they would look good with Super Dungeon Explore. Like I mentioned in the comments though, what I'd really like to see is more sculpts and less flashy concept art.

I also love how the next monster to unlock is a fimir, I spotted his silloutte days ago only because I've had to paint so many fimirs recently.

Re: Chibi D&D miniatures kickstarter

PostPosted: October 13th, 2012, 6:01 am
by Spiky
I use Impact a lot for purchasing Bloodbowl stuff, and there Elfball game is very good too. Personally I'm not interested in the Chibi stuff, but I'm pretty confident that the sculpts should be decent

Re: Chibi D&D miniatures kickstarter

PostPosted: October 25th, 2012, 3:29 am
by Sjeng
This KS is getting very tempting. lol. I wish I knew if Reaper is gonna do another bones KS, and when. If it's soon, I better save my money. If it's not soon, I might go for the 1 of each mini Boss Monster level.
They look awefully cute.

Re: Chibi D&D miniatures kickstarter

PostPosted: October 25th, 2012, 10:55 pm
by drathe
I keep debating with myself on this one. Do I want just one of each, or one of each and the "Questing Hero" set to play some fun games of HQ with? Can I afford it after the boat load of money I gave to Reaper a couple months ago?

Re: Chibi D&D miniatures kickstarter

PostPosted: September 19th, 2013, 1:07 pm
by drathe
My Chibis arrived today.

I'm fairly disappointed in them. There's lots of mold lines, excess material in places, blotched details and bubbles. I don't think I will be keeping a single one. I'll put them up for auction and try to recoup as much of my $$ as possible. I will definitely not be going in on their Asian Chibis after receiving these ones. But such is the case with Kickstarters. As it's always new product, you never know what it'll actually be like before hand. At least my Reaper Bones worked out well. Just gotta heat them up to get them to go back to their natural shape. I'm happy with all of the Bones I received.