• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

11 Interesting things about yourself

Guests may gather here for General Discussions about almost any Topic. NO BRAWLING!
Forum rules
Certain topics have become known to cause friction among passionate members. We kindly ask that topics relating to these subjects be taken outside the Inn to Websites that specialise in those subjects.

Thus far, these topics are: Recreational Drugs, Religion and Science.

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Daedalus » May 22nd, 2014, 12:50 am

Goblin-King wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:I just did a video of the sister

I'll have to admit I was somewhat disappointing seeing the actual video after reading those words... |_P

The link leads to a Scott Adkins video. I'm sure Goblin-King appreciates the musically-reworked second video of the sister, though.
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5332
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Malcadon » May 22nd, 2014, 4:58 am

Goblin-King wrote:11 Interesting things about yourself...

:mrgreen:
Image


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Malcadon

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 321
Images: 4
Joined: March 9th, 2012, 7:47 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Goblin-King » May 22nd, 2014, 7:51 am

Gold Bearer wrote:What's wrong with it? It's a different vibe to the first one because she's more light hearted than the older one. I used all music from the videos I used to make it this time. What didn't you like about it?

I was hoping for something lewd :chaoswarrior:

It was a joke


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Gold Bearer » May 22nd, 2014, 10:53 am

Daedalus wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:I just did a video of the sister

I'll have to admit I was somewhat disappointing seeing the actual video after reading those words... |_P

The link leads to a Scott Adkins video. I'm sure Goblin-King appreciates the musically-reworked second video of the sister, though.
I deleted the link in that post because it was to the first video. I'm going to trim it. The first and last thirds are good but the middle part isn't needed. She's just doing stuff she does in other videos but not as sharp. The video with Scott Adkins shows that ginge is better. I love that video. He's done some funny videos as well, like dressed as spiderman. The three of them have actually done a short video together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEysPWW-R8w

Goblin-King wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:What's wrong with it? It's a different vibe to the first one because she's more light hearted than the older one. I used all music from the videos I used to make it this time. What didn't you like about it?

I was hoping for something lewd :chaoswarrior:
:evil:
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Teldurn » May 22nd, 2014, 12:51 pm

Malcadon wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:11 Interesting things about yourself...

:mrgreen:
Image

:shock: I'm speechless. :lol:
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 787
Joined: October 18th, 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Sjeng » May 22nd, 2014, 12:58 pm

oh, my Goddess malc, you FREAK! xD that's so creepy and funny at the same time.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Malcadon » May 22nd, 2014, 1:18 pm

Teldurn wrote: :shock: I'm speechless. :lol:

Sjeng wrote:oh, my Goddess malc, you FREAK! xD that's so creepy and funny at the same time.

:lol: OK, not true but still funny! I saw the title, and that was the first thing that ran into my demented skull. LOL

(If I did have an extra toe, my folks would have it removed while I was still young, as they cause a lot of pain and discomfort.)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Malcadon

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 321
Images: 4
Joined: March 9th, 2012, 7:47 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Gold Bearer » May 23rd, 2014, 11:25 am

Third time's the charm: http://youtu.be/e8LPnLmvgVM I can't believe how well the timing worked out. More than the applause lyrics. :) That keeps happening. The middle bit seems a lot better as well now it's got the right music.

I should really start a separate topic.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Upcast/Overcast/Combined Spells + New Combined Fusion Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7219

General Rules Including Element Effects & Dynamic Turn Order: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7089


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Beiren » June 4th, 2014, 6:26 pm

1. I'm a father and husband. I'm married for almost 5 years and have two daughters (10 months and 2,5 year). I love all my women a lot. They al mean the world to me.
2. I'm a man o science. I don't belief in a God as a creature you can meat. I see faith a something wich helps people to get trough tough times. But I HATE it when people say something like "I was what God wanted" when somebody died.
3. I love playing board games. My favorite actually is "Settlers of Catan". (don't burn me for that one). I have played it alot with the wife, her sister and husband and my mother in law. We have most of the expansions and I even made my own box for all stuff combined. Only downpart was that because I made it out of wood, it's about 30-40kilo. I have the most wins, but my wives comes second. Together we win about 90% of the games. And mostly she wins when the others focus to much on me because no matter how tough I get it, I keep going. It's because of this that I suggested a game where they all should combine their strength to defeat me. Heroquest it shall be.
4. I haven't played Heroquest yet since I rediscovered it. I'm still adjusting it and the kids take up to much time.
5. I start a lot of new projects (Heroquest, Cycling, a side job, disigning my own closet, building a porch, ...) But only a few actually make it. I just can't keep my head with something.
6. I have great ideas for Heroquest, but I lack time and persitance to push through. New treasure cards, monster cards, equipment, spells cards, quest packs, house rules.
7. I'm handy. I have built my own house (together with my wife, her dad and uncle) and done about everything myseld (from fundation, to brick walls, elektrics, heating, waterpipes, ventilation, ceailings, floors,...) and I want to make my own closet for my handy tools and all reperations on my bike are done by myself.
8. I should have been dead a couple of times. To closest call was an accident I had with my race bike. It was the final sprint in a cycle race and I thought I was going to win (I was very strong that day), but in the sprint I got a little push and came back to my senses when I was on the operating table. They were cutting at the side of my lungs with a scalple to drain the blood in my lunges, but the anastatics weren't working fully. I got morfine and eventually got into a coma. I got problems with my kidneys and my body temperature raise above 42,5°C. But most things now are back fine.
9. I consider myself to be smart (in terms of logical reasons). When I take an IQ test, the results are about 150. But when I test my Emotional Quofficient, I end on 80. So most of the time I think with my mind and not with my heart. (My wife and kids are the exception)
10. I sympathise a lot for the evil guy in movies. My nick on MSN used to be 'The Jackal'. Reference to the movie with Bruce Willis. I sometimes hope that the Evil guy actually wins, but that is something that hardly ever happens.
11. I love dungarees. Both to wear them, and to see them on women. I don't know why, but something always atracted me in them. Despite being 30years and actually own a few and even go to work sometimes in them. (Partially desk job, partially on route at building sites as supervisor) My co-workers don't even mind, altough it is a very rare sighting.
Time will tell, sooner or later time will tell
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir
 
Posts: 50
Joined: November 14th, 2012, 4:48 pm
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: 11 Interesting things about yourself

Postby Goblin-King » June 5th, 2014, 3:11 am

10. I sympathise a lot for the evil guy in movies.

It's very easy to root for a well written villain. Often they are charismatic and interesting and though they use "evil" methods their goals are sometimes noble enough.
It's like in war. Both armies think the other army is the bad guys.

Or just consider "heist" movies. You root for a bunch of criminals who are trying to steal, often with the simple motivation to get rich! What's that all about?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests