• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ye Olde Hearte Attacke Waiting to Happene

Guests may gather here for General Discussions about almost any Topic. NO BRAWLING!
Forum rules
Certain topics have become known to cause friction among passionate members. We kindly ask that topics relating to these subjects be taken outside the Inn to Websites that specialise in those subjects.

Thus far, these topics are: Recreational Drugs, Religion and Science.

Re: Ye Olde Hearte Attacke Waiting to Happene

Postby el_flesh » October 4th, 2011, 9:24 am

hahahahahahaa I think Ken meant the ladyflesh. heh heh

I feel this to just be a discussion! But yes my picture was wrong:
while I say they were omnivorous all the time, and merely switched the main energy source of their diet from fruits to meat. And in this aspect, I think I'm right.


That sounds correct to me too! If hominid tooth style DOES reflect omnivory, (instead of 90% herbivory, as I thought) then of course any species could switch its main caloric intake, just as you show gorillas have done. In fact, I haven't even bothered to read some of the newer books about avoiding many carbs (not all) and going back to a more pre-agro diet based largely on meat. I like my media-labelled "cholesterol-raising" "difficult to digest" and definitely steroid-induced Beefusteaki!
-IF IT'S DONE RIGHT!- see above pic!

It's not like our tooth style matters to "us" anyway - "we'd" invented fire cooking and stone tools far before "we" invented agriculture, removing much of the need for predator teeth to strip raw meat from a carcass on the spot!

Anyway - if meats give you loads of energy yet shorten your lifespan, would that not have been the perfect trade-off for our ancestors? They did have loads of energy to make their lives much MUCH better than eking out a meager diet, and IF it happened to kill them some 10 years sooner than the much more herb-based competitor, like maybe nutcracker man, they might have sure made up for it with far more surviving offspring!

This is just shooting in the dark, guys, it's been a long time since my ONE Anthropology course, and I've only dabbled in it since - far less so than the Dinosaurian Paleontology that I love as much as medium rare steax. And somewhat less than pink flesh. (Which is why I'm not a pro paleontologist today...)
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ye Olde Hearte Attacke Waiting to Happene

Postby Big Bene » October 4th, 2011, 11:51 am

OK, I think we are on the same side, just a few more things to remember, as long as we're into it:

media-labelled "cholesterol-raising"
Media-labelled it is indeed! Food has practically no impact on cholesterol blood level. The body needs a certain level, and will maintain it regardless of one's diet. If you increase your intake, superflous cholestrol is simply excreted, if you decrease your intake, the body can easily produce cholesterol himself (and does so). Some people have a condition that makes the body "want" a higher degree than he really needs, which can become a problem, but that can only be dealt with with a medical therapy, perhaps more sports, but eating less cholestelrol has no effect (to be more precise: it has an irrelvant minimal effect - biochemics are complex and everything has at least some effect on everything else).
Moreover, the connection between cholesterol and heart deseases is a theorie based on russian experiments with guinea pigs in the first half of the 20th century.
Anyway - if meats give you loads of energy yet shorten your lifespan, would that not have been the perfect trade-off for our ancestors? They did have loads of energy to make their lives much MUCH better than eking out a meager diet, and IF it happened to kill them some 10 years sooner than the much more herb-based competitor, like maybe nutcracker man, they might have sure made up for it with far more surviving offspring!
Might be, but rather unlikely. Why in the world should it shourten the lifespan? The highest life span among caucasian humans have the people of the mediterranian, which have a traditional cuisine loaded with much protein and even more fat. The highest life span of asians (I'm not sure, but I think) have the Japanese, who consume much more protein (fish) than most other asians. For Africa, I don't know...
Which is why I'm not a pro paleontologist today...
Chances are, you wouln't be one anyways... if "professional" is understood as "for a living". It's a small science with few jobs, and to get one of those, you not only have to be good, but also to be a total sycophant, which I can tell from your posts you are not.
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Hearte Attacke Waiting to Happene

Postby ken » October 4th, 2011, 12:04 pm

"Food has practically no impact on cholesterol blood level" Said Bene. Now he tells me. I once spent three months on a fat free diet, no bacon, no salami, no eggs, no butter etc etc etc. at the end, my level was higher than when I started. So I take a pill every day. Still off eggs & butter, lost the taste for them. Managed to regain the taste for every thing else on the list. |_P


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer
 
Posts: 591
Joined: August 24th, 2010, 3:26 am
Location: norfolk uk
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Hearte Attacke Waiting to Happene

Postby Big Bene » October 4th, 2011, 12:36 pm

ken wrote:at the end, my level was higher than when I started.

q. e. d.
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Hearte Attacke Waiting to Happene

Postby el_flesh » October 4th, 2011, 10:26 pm

but also to be a total sycophant, which I can tell from your posts you are not.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Thanx! I loves it!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm glad you mentioned alot of that Bene; I will certainly hunt down research on cholesterol in foods vs in body. Though it does seem to me that when I eat a 'farmer's breakfast' i.e., eggs and a LOT of fatty meats - bacon, sausage and blood pudding - my heart hammers thickly for awhile afterwards, like it has to slow down and work harder to pump sludge thru my arteries...and that's with drinking ALOT of O.J. to cut the fats...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Hearte Attacke Waiting to Happene

Postby tasoe » April 18th, 2012, 7:22 pm

I think this is an appropriate topic to post this photo:
Image

This is how we celebrate Easter in Greece.
Some lamb ribs, the brain, a lot of "kokoretsi" (for those unfamiliar with it - check link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokoretsi)
a respectable number of eggs and my cholesterol is off the charts.


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Hearte Attacke Waiting to Happene

Postby el_flesh » April 19th, 2012, 11:11 am

OHHH!!!! MYYYY!!!!

Now I have to get a paper towel and mop up the drooolll...oh, Holy Empress of Laurel that looks sooo delicious....head and all huh?
What's on the lower spit?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
User avatar
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled
 
Posts: 1315
Images: 4
Joined: April 25th, 2010, 4:38 pm
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Hearte Attacke Waiting to Happene

Postby Goblin-King » April 19th, 2012, 11:14 am

Damn that looks delicious!!!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Hearte Attacke Waiting to Happene

Postby tasoe » April 19th, 2012, 1:18 pm

el_flesh wrote:What's on the lower spit?


It is called kokoretsi. You can check it out on the link in my previous message.
It is simply all of the lamb's organs (heart, kidneys, lungs, liver) cut in pieces, put them all in a giant skewer, wrap the lamb's intestines around it and slow-roast it for 2-3 hours.


this is the 'before'. in one bowl are the lamb's organs and in the other the intestines:
Image

and this is the 'after':
Image


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 697
Joined: September 22nd, 2011, 1:05 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Ye Olde Hearte Attacke Waiting to Happene

Postby Goblin-King » April 19th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Aaw dude! Don't show us the "before" parts!!!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror
 
Posts: 3545
Images: 85
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 2:54 pm
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest