Page 1 of 2

Reworked Steve Baloban downloads

PostPosted: December 15th, 2017, 1:07 am
by Daedalus
From this post at Board index ‹ HeroQuest Rooms ‹ General HeroQuest Discussion:
ladybird48 wrote:Here are some new links instead of folders they are all in one pdf and not horizontal. Thank you to StratosVX for fixing that for us. Also just as a reminder I did not scan these myself I was given these Stephen Baloban from hero scribe so many thanks to him as well.
The Fellowship Of 4: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByMvN ... mZoeUtPazg
The Tyrants Tomb: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByMvN ... 1BKcy1pQ0U
The Screaming Spectre: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByMvN ... FFKQUlzZmM

Re: Reworked Steve Baloban downloads

PostPosted: December 20th, 2018, 12:03 pm
by wallydubbs
Oh cool, thanks for posting this. It took me nearly 2 days to read, but I kinda liked it. The Elf was a very enjoyable character.
I even gave In the Night Season a try... unfortunately the Barbarian and Wizard are the only ones that lived.

Interesting to note, In the Night Season it is brought up on a few occasions that it's happening on Samhein Eve, which is the night before Halloween. Clever for Baloban to incorporate the pagan holiday.

Re: Reworked Steve Baloban downloads

PostPosted: March 27th, 2021, 8:28 pm
by iKarith
Daedalus wrote:From this post at Board index ‹ HeroQuest Rooms ‹ General HeroQuest Discussion:
ladybird48 wrote:Here are some new links instead of folders they are all in one pdf and not horizontal. Thank you to StratosVX for fixing that for us. Also just as a reminder I did not scan these myself I was given these Stephen Baloban from hero scribe so many thanks to him as well.
The Fellowship Of 4: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByMvN ... mZoeUtPazg
The Tyrants Tomb: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByMvN ... 1BKcy1pQ0U
The Screaming Spectre: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByMvN ... FFKQUlzZmM


Thank you so much for posting these, and leaving them on your Google Drive! It's very much appreciated!

Re: Reworked Steve Baloban downloads

PostPosted: March 28th, 2021, 6:53 am
by lestodante

Re: Reworked Steve Baloban downloads

PostPosted: March 28th, 2021, 7:38 am
by j_dean80
Talked me into it, I ordered the books.

Re: Reworked Steve Baloban downloads

PostPosted: March 28th, 2021, 9:51 am
by iKarith
Where'd you managed to order them from?

Re: Reworked Steve Baloban downloads

PostPosted: March 28th, 2021, 9:59 am
by j_dean80
iKarith wrote:Where'd you managed to order them from?


Screaming Spectre and Tyrants Tomb I got off Ebay for $48 each. Fellowship of Four I found on Amazon for $56.

Re: Reworked Steve Baloban downloads

PostPosted: April 11th, 2022, 11:03 am
by Dreadaxe
I do PDF with OCR

HeroQuest - HeroQuest Adventure novels # 1 - The Fellowship of Four [by Dave Morris]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ASRZJ ... ZqzxmeVaex

HeroQuest - HeroQuest Adventure novels # 2 - The Screaming Spectre [by Dave Morris]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AWkvJ ... Z7iGh5rV-x

HeroQuest - HeroQuest Adventure novels # 3 - The Tyrant's Tomb [by Dave Morris]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AVlZP ... ex4AzQD7X9

Re: Reworked Steve Baloban downloads

PostPosted: April 11th, 2022, 11:30 am
by Kurgan

Re: Reworked Steve Baloban downloads

PostPosted: September 6th, 2022, 4:05 pm
by Maalicia_Ironhoof
For those interested in what might be the best versions that I had made, see the following:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

These were done by guillotining the books and flat scanning each page at 1200dpi, cleaning and realigning each page and dropping them down to 300DPI.

This is my preferred way of dealing with books as it retains the original page layout and paragraph structures - of course take a bloody long time to do though. I originally planned to do the entire original Fighting Fantasy book series in the same way but then realized that even if I did 4 a year, it would take me 15 years to complete (and possible my marriage in the meantime) haha...

Footnote, I met Stephen Baloban once many years ago and got to check out his collection, it was bloody brilliant - at the time he was possibly the only person in Australia who had the Barbarian & Elf Quest Packs, and had almost every version & reprint from every country in the world.