Page 1 of 2

Just picked up Dark World $25.00 Ebay Yay!

PostPosted: June 16th, 2013, 7:25 pm
by Decipher
I do not really know much about this game and I have never played it, but there are a ton of tiles and min's that I can deffinately convert to HQ. I thought it was a good price because there were two other copies for $65+.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200930106848?ss ... 1497.l2649

Re: Just picked up Dark World $25.00 Ebay Yay!

PostPosted: June 16th, 2013, 8:37 pm
by chaoticprime
I played it a few times as a lad. I still have the chests for it, somewhere. Its not the bees' knees like Heroquest or eating cereal in the dark, but its alright.

Re: Just picked up Dark World $25.00 Ebay Yay!

PostPosted: June 16th, 2013, 9:25 pm
by knightkrawler
Useful minis.
Here's my list for anyone interested:

Orcs - unneeded, Bruenor paints them a different color as hobgoblins which is a great idea,
Skeletons - basis for my dwarf skeleton conversions *chopchopchop*,
Mummies - source for stacking up on them,
Ogres - my cave ogres, cannon fodder for the fat ones (look at the faces, they fit perfectly),
The Manticore - an awesome miniature, really
and the Cobran Sorcerer - Snakeman boss monster or just another Chaos Warlock type mini.

I am glad to have all these.
Even better: the second game of the franchise, Village of Fear.
In the third installment, Dragon's Gate, there are beautiful trolls.

Re: Just picked up Dark World $25.00 Ebay Yay!

PostPosted: June 16th, 2013, 11:05 pm
by Decipher
Knight, the Darkworld mini's are HQ size right?

Re: Just picked up Dark World $25.00 Ebay Yay!

PostPosted: June 17th, 2013, 2:56 am
by knightkrawler
Yes, perfect match, all of them. Promise.
Orcs are as big as HQ orcs, Mummies as big as HQ mummies, Ogres a tad taller than HQ Ogres, but not so fat.

And with 25 bucks you made a bargain. I hear the game is rare in NA.
If you can spare the money make sure you also grab a hold of DarkWorld: Village of Fear.

There you have Skaven (Stormvermin size), very cool snakemen, another boss monster, a grim looking wolf,
and - roll drum - great minotaurs, and I know you like them.

Re: Just picked up Dark World $25.00 Ebay Yay!

PostPosted: June 17th, 2013, 3:51 am
by Big Bene
knightkrawler wrote:There you have Skaven (Stormvermin size), very cool snakemen, another boss monster, a grim looking wolf,
and - roll drum - great minotaurs, and I know you like them.
...
And buildings (cardboard walls, plastic roofs, look great)! And a really nice village gameboard!
The whole Dark World game is full of great ideas and material, but the overall gameplay is flawed, as there are no different quests, but always the same story.
knightkrawler wrote:Orcs - unneeded, Bruenor paints them a different color as hobgoblins which is a great idea,
Skeletons - basis for my dwarf skeleton conversions *chopchopchop*,
Mummies - source for stacking up on them,
Ogres - my cave ogres, cannon fodder for the fat ones (look at the faces, they fit perfectly),
The Manticore - an awesome miniature, really
and the Cobran Sorcerer - Snakeman boss monster or just another Chaos Warlock type mini.

Don't forget the spirit hunter!
There's also a big plastic structure with stairs leading up to a throne, looking very impressive, some open-able chests and four heroes with exchangeable weapons.

Re: Just picked up Dark World $25.00 Ebay Yay!

PostPosted: June 17th, 2013, 4:01 am
by knightkrawler
And the gameplay selector!
I forgot about that.

Re: Just picked up Dark World $25.00 Ebay Yay!

PostPosted: June 18th, 2013, 5:50 pm
by Decipher
Oh thanks guys, I'm so excited! Can't wait.

Re: Just picked up Dark World $25.00 Ebay Yay!

PostPosted: June 18th, 2013, 6:09 pm
by Jewels!
Five hours to go, $15, and no bids yet if anyone in NA is looking

Re: Just picked up Dark World $25.00 Ebay Yay!

PostPosted: June 19th, 2013, 12:37 am
by Decipher
Jewels wrote:Five hours to go, $15, and no bids yet if anyone in NA is looking


Dang, I got ripped lol. Should have waited and got this one. If he re-lists this, Im getting it too.