• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dark World or Das Schwarze Auge

Topics related to Dark World

Re: Dark World or Das Schwarze Auge

Postby The Admiral » October 7th, 2023, 4:49 am

HispaZargon wrote:in my humble opinion, DarkWorld board game is not so bad as it uses to be considered through the HQ fans Community. Our mistake I think is we use to try fitting it inside the dungeons gender, and it is actually not at all, especially because exploration fact is mostly not existing nor storytelling variants (it is always the same plot) nor heroes diversity except for their appearance, so no RPG experience anywhere is really seen. However the game is good for competition between players (HeroQuest mostly is not) and their rules are quite simple like HeroQuest, which I see good points. Nevertheless, I think the DarkWorld expansions are better for playing than the DarkWorld first game itself, and combining all of the three together in a single game is a cool point, but unfortunatelly never did it, I couldn't try yet how it works.

Yeah, as a terrible completist I had to hunt down the other two once I'd got Darkworld. I made myself play the combined game and then for storage ditched all three and kept the figures which I think are great for HQ when you need extra or alternate figures. Some were painted really well. I love the big troll type guy in chains. I guess I just compared it to HQ and it came up well short, but just as a game with four people who hadn't played HQ it was probably good fun. It did look fantastic all set up though.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Previous

Return to Dark World Room