• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Space Crusade PC game

Topics related to Space Crusade

Re: Space Crusade PC game

Postby Anderas » November 23rd, 2016, 7:09 am

The conversion beam indeed hits a wall and then the effect makes it's way back to the firer. Kind of weird as rule, but that's starquest original.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby LurchBrick » November 23rd, 2016, 8:04 am

Those objectives only get completed if you stopped on the corridor just before the "Exit". I've changed it so the objectives get triggered as you walk through the target room.

Fixed the issue of tarantula able to fire after a marine has moved to man it. No, you cannot change the tarantula's direction after firing.

Download link in 1st post.

You've got the basic idea of the Conversion beam. When it hits a wall or door, it explodes like the missile launcher. The blast then travels back towards the firer, losing 1 point of power each square. So the marine could have been fine as the blast may not have had enough power to get through the marine's armour.

Here's a link to the manual for Mission Dreadnaught so you can understand how the Conversion beam works:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bi32ax2lemub6t2/Mission_dreadnaught_Manual.pdf

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » November 23rd, 2016, 4:14 pm

Soul Reaver wrote:Happy to report that I managed to complete all the original missions with no bugs or problems!

I've started playing Mission: Dreadnought now (which I previously never owned).
You can play test my campaign for me if you like after you've finished MD. It's about half done but it's going to have 25 missions. I'll get back to working in it soon, should be finished in about a month hopefully. I'll upload it tomorrow if you're interested.

It works a bit differently to the standard missions. Half the missions have they're own unique loadouts and in the other half each squad gets its own signature loadout, BA: Seven marines and five bolters available but no MD weapons, IF: Five marines with the tarantula available, UM: Seven marines with the MD weapons available but not the tarantula, Eldar: Ten man squad but no weapon choice, one of each heavy weapon (might change that to five man squad with complete loadout freedom if they're far too powerful).

LurchBrick wrote:Fixed the issue of tarantula able to fire after a marine has moved to man it.
:o That's how it used to work and I pointed out that it was better before when you could move to a tarantula, man it and then shhot with it in that turn so you switched it back and now you've changed it back again. :) You can't move the tarantula and shoot with the tarantula in the same turn but you should be able to shoot it if it hasn't moved, even if the gunner has as long as he hasn't attacked.

That reminds me of something I haven't checked, you shouldn't be able to unman the tarantula, then shoot the bolter and then man and move the tarantula (or shoot with the bolter after moving the tarantula).
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » November 23rd, 2016, 6:08 pm

Forgot about that tarantula change. Both ways work for me but I'll change it back in the next update.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Soul Reaver » November 24th, 2016, 5:06 am

Gold Bearer wrote:
LurchBrick wrote:Fixed the issue of tarantula able to fire after a marine has moved to man it.
:o That's how it used to work and I pointed out that it was better before when you could move to a tarantula, man it and then shhot with it in that turn so you switched it back and now you've changed it back again. :) You can't move the tarantula and shoot with the tarantula in the same turn but you should be able to shoot it if it hasn't moved, even if the gunner has as long as he hasn't attacked.

I've been reading the Mission: Dreadnought rulebook and I think you're wrong with the above. I'll quote it here (from page 8), bolded for emphasis:

"If the Gunner is eliminated, the Marine player may, during his turn, substitute another Marine to act as Gunner. The new Gunner exchanges his current weapon for the Tarantula Control Console. However, he may not move or fire the Tarantula the same turn unless an Order Card has been played."

So while it might make it easier to be able to move, man and fire, it's actually not what the rules say is allowed.

I'd like to playtest your missions for you if I get time, but I have precious little of that nowadays. I'm lucky if I get through one mission a day...
Soul Reaver

Hero:

Postby Gold Bearer » November 24th, 2016, 1:49 pm

Soul Reaver wrote:"If the Gunner is eliminated, the Marine player may, during his turn, substitute another Marine to act as Gunner. The new Gunner exchanges his current weapon for the Tarantula Control Console. However, he may not move or fire the Tarantula the same turn unless an Order Card has been played."
Yeap you're right. It's been a long time since I played the tabletop game and we had a couple of house rules in MD for the tarantula and conversion beamer.

That also means you shouldn't be able to voluntarily unman the tarantula, that would close the loophole of the BAs being able to take an extra bolter and no heavy weapon.

Soul Reaver wrote:I'd like to playtest your missions for you if I get time, but I have precious little of that nowadays. I'm lucky if I get through one mission a day...
You definitely won't have time for my missions then, they're bigger than the standard ones.

I'm hoping Lurch adds an in mission save feature at some point, hint hint. ;)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » January 23rd, 2022, 1:08 pm

Hmm... the mediafire links don't work? Sorry I missed what looks like an awesome project, but I didn't even start thinking about Space Crusade until the last few months.

Can anyone help?

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » January 23rd, 2022, 9:12 pm

I've updated the link in the first post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » January 23rd, 2022, 10:19 pm

Thank you so much! Cool game...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » January 24th, 2022, 12:42 am

New upload (link in 1st post) with a fix to stop the game crashing occasionally when an Ork fires their devastator weapon for the Ork Mekaniak event.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Space Crusade Room