• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Cards fonts?

Topics related to Space Crusade

Cards fonts?

Postby Kurgan » Thursday January 27th, 2022 5:23pm

Checking to see if anyone has found a good match for the fonts on the Alien Event, Order and/or Equipment cards for this game...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Cards fonts?

Postby lestodante » Friday January 28th, 2022 1:50pm

Title: Optima (bold)
description: Helvetica (regular)
Height of the fonts is stretched at 85% approssimatively
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » Friday January 28th, 2022 5:02pm

Thank you. I thought they were "stretched." Too bad there isn't a downloadable truetype font that is "pre-stretched" if that makes sense...

I didn't have Optima Bold, but did find it here.
Apparently Helvetica requires a license for commercial use, so watch out for that.
|_P

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » Monday February 21st, 2022 10:43am

Just testing out some stuff... yes, these are based on the White Dwarf supplemental material.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Monday February 21st, 2022 1:16pm

Looking good!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » Wednesday February 23rd, 2022 10:21pm

Thanks! I like the idea of the "Space Marine Librarian" with the Psyker cards... but the examples they give in the magazine are way too generic, plain and boring. So I'm going to see if I can find some appropriate art (again, probably just look to the source material of WH40K 1st edition) to go with them in the style presented thus far. I simply redid the card below and look how dull it is.

I'll probably also do away with the "chapter specific" symbol and make a generic symbol representing the powers, maybe an eye with lightning bolts coming out or something like that. I suppose they made three copies of each ability in case you had three players all with a psyker figure, but chances are that won't be happening, there will only be one such character in the game. Obviously the whole point was to get Space Crusade players to invest in more and more citadel miniatures... similar to how they did with HeroQuest. There are intended to be 12 different abilities (four colleges with 3 in each, similar to how the spells are broken down in HQ) and the Librarian character gets one from each group for a total of four. I suppose if all three chose different abilities, you could get away with one deck easily enough.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Space Crusade Room