• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Battlemasters

Topics related to Battle Masters

Battlemasters

Postby Nephew of Mentor » November 22nd, 2013, 4:56 pm

I interviewed some folks who are opening a thrift store in our town. Afterwards I looked around the shop and saw a copy of battlasters. I read the compatibility review, but I am still not sure, do you guys think it is worth buying? Let me know, thanks.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Battlemasters

Postby wolfie907 » November 22nd, 2013, 5:02 pm

yes

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 22nd, 2013, 5:06 pm

I'd say yes for up to 20 bucks. It goes for that little in Germany.
The Ogre is great, there are chaos warriors waiting to be painted up as statues, additional archer mercenaries, orcs with shields to be used as elite orcs...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » November 22nd, 2013, 5:07 pm

miniatures are very similar style and are actually passed off as hq on ebay though the plastic is lower quality and a little harder to paint there is around 100 minis in the box plus a cool tower if they want less than 50 bucks its a good deal

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » November 22nd, 2013, 5:31 pm

I will have to go back for the grand opening. I doubt it will cost more than $10, as it was donated and they likely dont know about it. The money even goes to a Lyme disease association, so that's interesting.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ragnar IronFist » November 23rd, 2013, 12:57 am

I personally think its worth it for its own sake. My kid loves that game. I know the mechanics aren't the best, and the deck seems grossly in favor of imperial forces...but it's still pretty fun to bust out and play now and then.
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Malcadon » November 23rd, 2013, 2:10 am

Last year, I bought a near-complete set BM set at Goodwill for $5. The rules are lame, but it comes with over 100 figures! They don't come with individual bases -- just formation bases for 3-5 warriors each (or one Ogre, or cannon with crew) -- but if you can get bases for them (or make your own), then you have a small army, as well as some spare Combat Dice (no White Shields), Hit Tokens, etc. So yeah, totally worth it! |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » November 23rd, 2013, 4:14 pm

Awesome. I will have to buy it.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » November 29th, 2013, 9:44 pm

Went back in the afternoon of the grand opening. There didnt seem to be anything missing from the shelves, except battlemasters. The ladies who run the shop said it was the first thing they sold this morning. Dang, haha.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » November 29th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Looking at online prices I am really sad I missed out.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Battle Masters Room