Page 1 of 2
Nice models. Too flimsy.

Posted:
October 18th, 2020, 3:37 pm
by BStewart80
I sincerely enjoy the appearance of these models from Zealot Miniatures, however I found them to be too flimsy during prep-work for painting. I purchased the barbarian, dwarf, elf and wizard. Each of them have broken before I was even able to finish priming them. Feet, sword blades, axe heads, staff. It has been a nightmare. I live in Texas. The miniatures come from the UK. mail turn around time is a few weeks. I was really looking forward to these given the high recommendation that they receive. But I have had a terrible time with these models. I really like the way they look. Very nice sculps. Just, too flimsy to work with.
Re: Nice models. Too flimsy.

Posted:
October 19th, 2020, 1:47 pm
by lestodante
They must be handled with extreme care but I've seen a lo of this painted and they weren't broken.
Curious to know what versions are yours, resin, premium resin or metal?
Re: Nice models. Too flimsy.

Posted:
October 20th, 2020, 11:11 am
by BStewart80
lestodante wrote:They must be handled with extreme care but I've seen a lo of this painted and they weren't broken.
Curious to know what versions are yours, resin, premium resin or metal?
Not too sure. They feel plastic, not hard/brittle like resin. Certainly not metal.
Re: Nice models. Too flimsy.

Posted:
October 20th, 2020, 12:10 pm
by Oftkilted
BStewart80 wrote:lestodante wrote:They must be handled with extreme care but I've seen a lo of this painted and they weren't broken.
Curious to know what versions are yours, resin, premium resin or metal?
Not too sure. They feel plastic, not hard/brittle like resin. Certainly not metal.
Did you get them as part of the Kickstarter? Or were these a recent purchase on the store?
Re: Nice models. Too flimsy.

Posted:
October 20th, 2020, 4:16 pm
by BStewart80
Re: Nice models. Too flimsy.

Posted:
November 7th, 2020, 10:36 pm
by fletcher2007
I really wanna get the full set! They look really good.
Re: Nice models. Too flimsy.

Posted:
November 7th, 2020, 11:21 pm
by bigmiked43
That is a shame. Maybe they can send you some new ones.
Re: Nice models. Too flimsy.

Posted:
November 9th, 2020, 9:16 pm
by BStewart80
They did. Well...I ordered new ones. I decided to give them one more chance. So far so good. I have painted the dwarf, wizard and elf. Working on the barbarian. Will post pics once complete.
Re: Nice models. Too flimsy.

Posted:
November 9th, 2020, 9:43 pm
by j_dean80
I’ve ordered a lot from Zealot over the years without running into issue.
Re: Nice models. Too flimsy.

Posted:
November 10th, 2020, 10:34 am
by DullandRusty
I have ordered multiple times from them and backed the ks. They are great. Never had problems with breaking. I manhandled one mini and broke the staff once but that was my fault. Quality has always been top notch and custome service great. I have painted more models from them than i can count. Love them.