Page 1 of 5

Missing HQ Sculpts

PostPosted: July 20th, 2017, 5:01 am
by Thantos
I'm in talks with Bob Naismith who sculpted some of the original Heroquest models, about the possibility of making a few classic fantasy sculpts. They would be in the classic HQ oldhammer style, but with a bit more scope for details, as they will be in RTV silicone moulds rather than steel tools.

Hopefully we can produce some sculpts which look like they fit flawlessly into the HQ base game. Almost like going back in time to 1989 and getting more HQ sculpts produced for the boxed game. The "Sculpts which never were" :D

Are there any sculpts from the base game which we would love to see?
For example, SIR RAGNAR! We need a model of this guy, captured version and released version!

Suggestions welcomed on what to create! |_P

Re: Missing HQ Sculpts

PostPosted: July 20th, 2017, 5:13 am
by Decipher
For the love of everything HeroQuest Thantos, some kind of human female barbarian, cause I believe that one is the rarest.

And please, will these have square bases like the originals?

Re: Missing HQ Sculpts

PostPosted: July 20th, 2017, 6:47 am
by j_dean80
The unreleased monsters from the Wizard and Dwarf Quest Packs that never were. I'm thinking they would of had molds made during their planning stages. If anyone would know it should be him...

Re: Missing HQ Sculpts

PostPosted: July 20th, 2017, 8:04 am
by Decipher
j_dean80 wrote:The unreleased monsters from the Wizard and Dwarf Quest Packs that never were. I'm thinking they would of had molds made during their planning stages. If anyone would know it should be him...


Wouldn't it be a HeroQuest miracle if Mr. Naismith said "Yeah, I actually have some old concept drawings from Game Workshop or Milton Bradley laying around somewhere". Dear Lord the hysteria.

Re: Missing HQ Sculpts

PostPosted: July 20th, 2017, 9:25 am
by knightkrawler
"Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

Re: Missing HQ Sculpts

PostPosted: July 21st, 2017, 9:11 pm
by ladybird48
That would awesome! Ive always wanted some minis for the special characters like ulag or balour. but it would also be cool to have some for the expansions like the witch king and queen or the spirit riders. Especially if they fit in the game looks wise it would be a dream come true! ive got a list somewhere I made of all the special characters so that I could find some minis to use for them. Ill see if I can find it and ill post it here.

Re: Missing HQ Sculpts

PostPosted: July 21st, 2017, 9:36 pm
by j_dean80
That list in endless...

Doomguard should have a sculpt.

Re: Missing HQ Sculpts

PostPosted: July 21st, 2017, 10:15 pm
by ladybird48
j_dean80 wrote:That list in endless...

Doomguard should have a sculpt.

Not endless just super long ... took awhile to make and I only made it to kellars keep before stopping.

Re: Missing HQ Sculpts

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2017, 12:03 am
by Fallensaviour
Well off the top of my head ;
The witch lord!!!
Sir Ragnar
Orc with bow
Skeletons with swords and shield or axes
Dwarf skeletons
Orc skeletons
Ogre skeletons
Fimir skeletons
Chaos dwarves!!!

Re: Missing HQ Sculpts

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2017, 1:23 am
by ladybird48
Here is the list I have I guess I made it to the BQP. I didn't add ATOH or WOZ yet though.
1. Sir Ragnar (wounded)
2.Ulag (Orc chieftain)
3.Gulthor ( chaos warrior with Maybe a sword instead of an axe?)
4.Grack (orc mage)
5. Wardoz ( zombie wizard)
6.Balour ( fire mage)
7.Ollar's ghost (ghost wizard)
-----------------------------------
ROTWL
1.The witch lord
2.Doom gaurd ( black chaos warriors)
3.The witch queen
4.spirirt riders ( I imagine something similar to the dragon strike skeletons)
5. skulmar (armored skeleton)
6.undead dwarven kings ( short zombies with beards?)
7.Shape shiftier ( maybe a black human shaped silhouette kinda thing?)
8.Bellthor ( large stone golem similar to dragon strike golem?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQP
1.Elven women
2.Elven prosepector
3.Evil elvin alchemist
4.Tormuk the necromancer ( elvin male with mage robe and hood?)
5.Prinecess mill and driell ( elvin females in dresses)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BQP
1. Krag ( Chaos warrior with icicles and a fur cape?)
2.Gothar (Barbarian elder. I believe he is wounded?)
3.vilor ( chaos warlock) Not really needed since you can use the actual chaos warlock figure...
4. Kelvinos ( Undead barbarian hero)
Let me know if I missed any.