cynthialee wrote:I think we do not see such miniatures because they are unsettling for the men who work in the mini industry. The idea of seeing a man reduced to a piece of sex meat for anyone's taking is a threatening visual that makes them squirm on a primal level. Yet they are perfectly willing to reduce the female form to a subservient possession to please the male gaze.
Sarcasm: I've tried walking up to women in a bondage outfit and saying I'm theirs for the taking. Me exposing myself to them in that way didn't end very well... /Sarcasm
I prefer any minis I have to be fully clothed in adequate adventuring gear, my daughter is eventually going to play games with me (she has no choice in the matter). Barbarian is wrapped in furs & leathers, Paladin generally plated up or chain shirt at minimum, Mage is typically minimal armor (depends on game & edition. D&D 5E lets wizard armor up if they want WOOT!), Dwarf in chain or heavier, Elf in sneaky bathrobe, the one-eyed-monster or what ever it may be in appropriate garb. http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2717&hilit=bikini#p48165 pretty much sums it up for me. I can suspend disbelief a bit with magic but past a point you needa rethink things.


































