Page 1 of 1

New campaign of HQP beginning!

PostPosted: November 5th, 2015, 11:30 am
by Teldurn
Hey everyone!

For it seems like the better half of this year I've fallen off the face of the planet (or at least this site). But I'm back because I needed to share with you that starting last Tuesday I began a new campaign of HQP that I'm running on Google Hangouts and Roll20. I'm running my Conquering Despair quest book campaign.

For this campaign, it was my goal to record the sessions On Air so I would have full video of how sessions play out in real time. So I spent a good chunk of time setting things up and I thought everything was going smoothly. I even did a test video to make sure it recorded properly. And it did.

Then we started the game and it was a ton of fun.

But when I went back to check the video, I discovered to my horror that it only recorded the feed from my webcam (switching over to other people's cams when they spoke, instead of recording my screen. So there was just two hours of people talking and staring at their monitors and keyboards. You couldn't tell what the hell was going on. I was SO MAD!

Thankfully, one of my players had the foresight to take a screenshot of it. Sadly, this is the only shot of the whole game.
Image

The games are going to be every other Tuesday night. For next session (November 10), I'll remember to click the button to have the app record my screen so I'll have something to show. I'll update this thread with that as it develops.

Re: New campaign of HQP beginning!

PostPosted: May 21st, 2016, 10:01 am
by Daedalus
How did the other games go? Did you manage to record any them?

Re: New campaign of HQP beginning!

PostPosted: May 21st, 2016, 1:46 pm
by Teldurn
Thanks for checking in, Daedalus.

I apologize for dropping off from the forums for a long time. I've had my hands full with Life Stuff(tm) lately, like my second kid's birth and everything. Shortly after the last post I made here in November, the sessions petered out and stopped altogether. It was only in the last three weeks actually that I started this game up again. Not a campaign, however. I only chose one map (Quest 11, the "puzzle map") to run through.

The good thing about HeroQuest is how modular the quests are, so it's okay to play a single map without doing a whole campaign. Anyhow, we're now three sessions in and the group should be finishing up the remainder of the map at the next session.

As far as recording it... sadly no, I didn't take any video. I have actually moved away from running the game through a Google Hangouts window and instead am running straight out of Roll20's native audio/video client.
But I do have screenshots and a session recap on G+, which I believe *should* be visible even if you don't have a G+ account. (But let me know if you can't access it.)

Session 1: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AlexHakobi ... 2cGpesvRWw
Session 2: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AlexHakobi ... JEFgcVhc8L
Session 3: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AlexHakobi ... ooasJtznCD

Re: New campaign of HQP beginning!

PostPosted: October 16th, 2017, 8:34 pm
by Daedalus
It's my turn to be checking in late, and I missed the links. :oops: That's okay, the main thing is you got your game on. I'm sure they had fun with the puzzles, though I can only recall the sliding blocks.