• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest for Charity

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Re: Heroquest for Charity

Postby Decipher » February 6th, 2016, 10:20 am

I have hosted HQ at several gaming conventions and it is indeed a fun thing to do, but can be challenging. I would suggest you also sport some Magic: The Gathering tables and maybe some Star Wars X-Wing and Dungeons & Dragons. People will pay to play if they know its for a charity. I run two HQ games at conventions and even thats not enough to let everyone play. You will need to make custom 20 or 30 minute quests just in case you have a huge crowed and having other "nerdy" events will keep everyone busy till the HQ table is open.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drrob101 » February 6th, 2016, 11:08 pm

Decipher wrote:I have hosted HQ at several gaming conventions and it is indeed a fun thing to do, but can be challenging. I would suggest you also sport some Magic: The Gathering tables and maybe some Star Wars X-Wing and Dungeons & Dragons. People will pay to play if they know its for a charity. I run two HQ games at conventions and even thats not enough to let everyone play. You will need to make custom 20 or 30 minute quests just in case you have a huge crowed and having other "nerdy" events will keep everyone busy till the HQ table is open.

Thanks Decipher, good to know that you have some experience with events like this. We are going to try to keep the size small in the beginning in order to make sure it's fun and successful. I like the idea of creating Multiple quests, especially if the tables a somewhat close together. I don't want anyone figuring what's coming ahead. We are thinking just 5 tables for the first event, 20 heroes. And would love to find a nice German restaurant with a small banquets hall, good beer and hearty food.
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » February 9th, 2016, 1:01 am

Here are the three quests I made for the game-con in Virginia a year ago. Not saying they are special or even good, but I tried to keep them fast paced and balanced. Maybe they might help you in some way. Sounds like your event is going to be fun, wish I could attend.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3082

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drrob101 » February 9th, 2016, 10:47 pm

Decipher wrote:Here are the three quests I made for the game-con in Virginia a year ago. Not saying they are special or even good, but I tried to keep them fast paced and balanced. Maybe they might help you in some way. Sounds like your event is going to be fun, wish I could attend.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3082

Thanks for the quests, I'll check them out.
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Blammo » April 1st, 2016, 11:32 am

hi there.
Just curious but how many copies of the game do you own or plan to have at the event?

great idea by the way
Blammo

Skeleton
Skeleton

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drrob101 » April 8th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I have 1 board, so is am planning on acquiring 4 more.
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drrob101 » July 1st, 2017, 3:35 pm

Hi everyone, I want to announce that we will be holding an epic Heroquest event in Connecticut, USA on September 30, 2017. We are Dungeons Of Hope, a 501c nonprofit organization and we will be raising money for the South Park Inn homeless shelter, located in Hartford, CT. Please visit www.dungeonsofhope.org for more information. We are currently seeking Business Sponsors for the event. Hero registration opens August 12, 2017. If you know of any businesses that would be interested in sponsoring such an event, or anyone in the CT area that would be interested in participating in the event as a hero, let me know! It’s for a good cause, and successful heroes and teams can win prizes...thank you.
@dungeonsofhope
drrob101

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DarakuTenshi » July 4th, 2017, 9:49 am

I love this idea! It's hard not to, considering I'm such a HQ fan and work for The Salvation Army and much of what we do revolves around helping others.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Drrob102 » July 5th, 2017, 8:59 pm

Thanks! If you happen to be in the CT area on September 30, or know someone who is, we would love to have you as a player.

Rob
Drrob102

Postby aaronAGN » July 6th, 2017, 7:34 am

drrob101 wrote:Hi everyone, I want to announce that we will be holding an epic Heroquest event in Connecticut, USA on September 30, 2017. We are Dungeons Of Hope, a 501c nonprofit organization and we will be raising money for the South Park Inn homeless shelter, located in Hartford, CT. Please visit http://www.dungeonsofhope.org for more information. We are currently seeking Business Sponsors for the event. Hero registration opens August 12, 2017. If you know of any businesses that would be interested in sponsoring such an event, or anyone in the CT area that would be interested in participating in the event as a hero, let me know! It’s for a good cause, and successful heroes and teams can win prizes...thank you.
@dungeonsofhope

Man I wish I was in Connecticut!
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby