• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Guest Book

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Guest Book

Postby Sjeng » September 18th, 2013, 8:19 am

Danke schön! drathe wird die auf die Seite setzen ;)
und wilkommen zu unseren Forum!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby TMU » September 18th, 2013, 8:36 am

Ich bin TMU!

Or something
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby knightkrawler » September 18th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Actually, "TMU" is translated into "doof" in German.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby TMU » September 18th, 2013, 3:43 pm

I hate you knightkrawler!
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1870
Images: 15
Joined: November 17th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby knightkrawler » September 18th, 2013, 4:24 pm

Don't be hatin'! I'm just a fuzzy blue elf...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby Daedalus » September 18th, 2013, 5:40 pm

jeffmoore wrote:Hello, my name is Jeff Moore and I just joined the forum. I am a huge HQ fan and have just begun work on a (planned) 16 board level quest pack based on the first (original) Diablo computer game by Blizzard. I am pretty excited about running the campaign as I think DIablo and HeroQuest are an ideal fit. I will share the link to my work as soon as I can find the information telling me how. I am excited to be a member of this community.

Jeff

Good to hear from ya, Jeff. Even though I haven't played Diablo, from what I've seen of the game I'm pretty sure you'll have some fun surprises for us. To get you started on posting links, here's a link to a thread on using BBCode in posts. You can get to this and other BBCode information yourself by posting a reply (use the POSTREPLY button at the bottom of a thread), then clicking the BBCode link to the bottom right of the reply window. You don't have to submit the post to get access to the BBCode link.
..
UNCLE ZARGON
Image
WANTS.. YOU


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 5328
Images: 14
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby jeffmoore » September 20th, 2013, 10:04 am

IvenBach wrote:So are you going to stay a while and listen? There are plenty of us here that actually drink water. There's also a few people that'll share their secrets for the right price.

Sorry but had to get those references in there. Welcome! You'll find lots of good people here. Hope to see your Diablo based inspiration. I'd love for my players to open a door and have an audio clip on my phone play "AHHHHHHH, fresh meat!". That would just be :geek: ^ :ugeek: (geek raised to the ubergeek) level. Are you going to have cows?


LOL ... Awesome! I really hadn't considered it ... but, yes ... now there will be cows ... some where, some how, at least one. I have put up my initial efforts which do include the Butcher quest so you can use your sound clip when you are ready!

Daedalus wrote:Good to hear from ya, Jeff. Even though I haven't played Diablo, from what I've seen of the game I'm pretty sure you'll have some fun surprises for us. To get you started on posting links, here's a link to a thread on using BBCode in posts. You can get to this and other BBCode information yourself by posting a reply (use the POSTREPLY button at the bottom of a thread), then clicking the BBCode link to the bottom right of the reply window. You don't have to submit the post to get access to the BBCode link.


Thanks for the help! Very much appreciated. My initial post is up! I am pretty happy with the results so far.

Regards,


Jeff
jeffmoore

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 10
Images: 0
Joined: September 17th, 2013, 5:24 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Re: Guest Book

Postby Teldurn » October 25th, 2013, 12:43 pm

Greetings, folks.

I've owned the original NA Game System ever since it first came out, when I was a wee lad. Though it's a bit worse for wear (duct taped corners and a couple pieces having been bent), it's still in very serviceable condition. The last month or so I've really gotten the HQ bug bad. :fimir:

I started a game playing through the original 14 quests The Gathering Storm, except I'm running it through Roll20+Google+ Hangouts. So far, it's been pretty awesome. I've added a few houserules that I've picked up along the way while I was researching mods. So far, everything has been going great. I already got my first TPK on the 1st quest and the players couldn't wait for more.

Because of how well it's been going, I've been dreaming of not only crafting my own HQ board from scratch, but also of putting together my own complete rules mod system plus a complete questline with branching quest choices and a more fleshed out system overall without losing the feel of the original system. I imagine I'd call it HeroQuest Prime. (Nobody steal that name, please! Or else, I'll sic my :gargoyle: on you!)

Anyhow, one thing led to another and I eventually found Ye Olde Inn and Old Scratch's forums and joined 'em both. I've already started posting things here and there, but then realized I hadn't commented in this thread. So, here I am!

Sorry if this was a bit of a wordy introduction. I can't help it. Brevity is my mortal enemy. I am one verbose bastard. Cheers! |_P
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 787
Joined: October 18th, 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Guest Book

Postby Sjeng » October 25th, 2013, 1:27 pm

I'll keep it short then, to compensate.

Welcome!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Lobby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest